Problem with Event Mini Windows always in front

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:06 am
My solution is hosted with FMS12, I'm using FM12 Pro Advanced and 2 clients that connect to my solution (via LAN) use FM Pro 12.

When I open a calendar Event Mini Window and then click on my Calendar window, the Calendar window is brought to front, and this is OK for me, but when a client using FM12 Pro (not Advanced - I don't know if this could be the cause btw ) opens an Event Mini Window and then clicks on the Calendar Window the Event mini Windows stays to front and this is a bit annoying; I would like the last clicked window to become the one on top, just like it behaves when I connect to my solution with FM12ProAdv.

Can you please help me?

Thank you very much!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:31 pm
Hello,
The behavior should be the same wether you are using Filemaker Pro or Advance. That being said the event windows are created as floating document windows which means they will always be the frontmost window. To change this you can edit the script "Draw New Event Window". Look for the "New Window" script step and specify new options. On the options screen there is a button titled "Advanced". In the advanced settings you can change the window style to "Document" and it will behave like a normal window.

Hope that helps,

Tanner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:16 am
Thank you very much!

Return to SeedCode Calendar