Handling workshifts

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:12 am
Does anybody has an idea how to handle workshifts in the calendar ?
As an example: No events allowed on Sundays or every day between 12:00 and 14: 00 or on holidays.
best regards
jj
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:45 am
Hi Juergen. I think what you're asking about is availability scheduling and conflict management. You want to predetermine what time slots are available, and/or which slots are unavailable, either by entering the actual dates and times, or by defining some sort of repeating weekly, monthly or yearly model. Then if someone tries to enter an event that would overlap with an unavailable time slot, you want to either prevent that from happening altogether, or somehow alert the user and flag the conflict. Is that what you had in mind? This isn't something that is built into the calendar, but we've done it in various forms as custom modifications for customers before. If you're interested, contact me at [email protected] and we can discuss the details. -Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:50 pm
Hi Jeff,
sounds good.
The application we build is a seating reservation app for restaurants. So we want to prevent that a reservation is placed outside the opening times of the restaurant. Do you have a solution for that ?
best regards
Juergen
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:19 pm
Hi Jeff
may be it's a silly idea to solve the "work shift" problem.
Just define a repeating event ; status "closed"; coloured grey in Calendar and check at setting of an event whether it is in this time area or not. If: Question "Normally not bookable Do you want really ? - or whatever".
In your calendar you change the color when there is an overlap in time. This should be the right place to put the question.
Before I have to trace thru the scripts, can you give me a hint where in which script to place this ?
More comfortable will be a layout "Define Workshifts" and calling the appropriate repeating scripts. Will do this after quick an dirty testing. If it works i cam send you the layout and scripts to you or post it. What you think about this ?
best regards
Juergen
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:25 am
Hi Juergen. Sorry but I'm not sure I'm following. What I *think* you're wanting to do is not built into the calendar. It can be done but it is quite complicated. There are different approaches you could take, each would involve some sort of setup UI, modifying several different scripts to capture all possible points of conflict (new records, manual edits, drag and drop, etc.). If you're interested in hiring us to work with you on this, contact me at [email protected] so we can discuss the details. -Jeff

Return to SeedCode Calendar