Grid View Printing

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:31 am
Hi, In Grid View I would like to print a complete list of Resources, not just the page showing. I know I can hit the "Next Resource" button and can then print the next page. However, I would like to only hit the Print button once for a Grid View printout. Can I make a Grid View that shows all the resources and print. What is the best way to do this?

Regards,

Rob
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:33 am
You could modify the Grid View to show more than seven resources at once, but it is a fairly complicated modification, involving some tedious layout work and some scripting changes. We've done it before but unfortunately it isn't documented. Contact us at [email protected] if you'd like an estimate to have us do that for you.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 am
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I may not have been clear or explained it very well. The Grid View that you modified to show more than than one line per resource already shows 12 Resources (Staff Members) so I am not sure about your reference to Seven? These are on the left and run top to bottom. On a stock Grid View it shows more than the 12 I have.

Rob
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:54 am
Ah, sorry. I was thinking of the Schedule View. You're saying the stock Grid View already shows more than the total number of resources you have? If that's true, then I guess I don't understand your original question. What exactly do you want to change? Can you send some screen shots with notes and or a mockup?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 pm
Hi Jeff,

Sorry I have not been more clear. A Screen Shot is included. Lets say I have 24 Resources but can only show 12 at a time. To print all this, I need to print one page, Click the button "Next Resource" and t hen print the second page. I would like to print all the Resources at one time in a single PDF instead of two.

Can this be done with a Script or do I need to make a separate layout for Printing. If so, how do I get the Print Layout to show all the Resouces instead of the 12 I am setup for? What is the best way to do this?

Thanks... Rob
Attachments
GridView.png
GridView.png (125.17 KiB) Viewed 13824 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:19 pm
Sorry about all the confusion. I thought you were saying a stock Grid View shows MORE than the 12 resources you have. That it does, as there are 23 rows in the stock file. If you have more than 23 resources and you want to see them all on one screen, you can simply increase the number of rows shown on that portal, then either make the window taller or add a scroll bar to the portal. The "Print" feature is pretty simplistic; it basically just prints the layout you're on, with some objects hidden. So if you increase the number of visible rows for that portal, you should see the same number of rows on the printable view. I suppose you would just be limited by your paper size. HTH... Jeff

Return to SeedCode Calendar