Mod: 'notes' popover for each day

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:32 pm
Hi there,

I'm looking to mod the calendar slightly, but not sure where to start with this one.

I've been asked to create a 'notes' popover or equivalent stuck somewhere in the margin of the calendar, to be visible on day/ week/ schedule view. The notes are day-specific but not resource-specific.

The notes themselves are fairly straightforward, I have three text fields and the Date they refer to. I've put these in a separate table, 'Popovernotes'.

But how can I get the fields to be displayed on the calendar layout? Popovernotes is unrelated to the Calendar rows/ interface tables. I know SeedCode Calendar does some rather snazzy scripting so that it passes all of the data into the calendar without having to have a relationship join. However I feel that that level of scripting is a bit beyond me :)

At the moment I'm thinking that I could have another layout (which has Popovernotes as the table) pop out in an additional window when you click on a notes button on the calendar. As part of the button script it would check some of the global variables from CalendarRows to see which dates are currently being displayed on the calendar, then do a find in Popovernotes for that date.

Does this sound reasonable? Any pointers would be great, especially if you can see a more elegant way of doing this. Also if you can think of getting this into a popover rather than a popup that would be really helpful (my colleagues aren't fans of popups!)

Thank You!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:35 am
If your "notes" are individual records in a related table, and you want the popover to show you the notes entered for the selected calendar date, then you could probably just make a calc field in the CalendarInterface table that returnd the focus date (CalendarRows::DateFocusGlob), and relationship to the notes table from the CalendarInterface table based on that date. Then just show a portal using that relationship in your popover in the sidebar, along with some tools to create a new note, etc. HTH... Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:21 am
I'll give that a try, cheers!

Return to SeedCode Calendar