Multiple Windows

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:22 am
Is it possible to have two windows open in Calendar showing two different months?

A client wants to put the current month and the following month up on a monitor in a common area in the office. If I just open a second window and change the month it changes the first window as well.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 am
Hi Jason. We manage focus date, view and filters using global fields and variables, so the only way to have different settings in different windows is for each window to actually be a different file. To do this you'll need to use the "separation model" (calendar UI in one file, event data in another file), then essentially open multiple copies of the UI file. You could get fancy with this and store the UI file in a container field (perhaps in the data file), then provide a "New Window" button for the user that exports the UI file to the temp directory and opens it, mimicking the experience of selecting FileMaker's "New Window" menu command. Then those copies of the UI file will be deleted when FM is closed. HTH... Jeff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 am
That's what I was thinking you'd say :) I think I'll put a couple local copies on the computer that drives the display, one for each month.

Return to SeedCode Calendar