Creating daily event lists

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:12 am
One purpose of our database is to produce daily event lists for each member of staff, however, the lists currently only show those specific events, as shown in the uploaded picture.

Is there a way to make the list run from 9:00am-5:00pm such as the day view mode in the calendar, with appointments populating the specific times, and times with no appointments remaining blank so that they can be added to manually after printing?

One aspect of this I'm struggling with is the fact the the scanning list shows a lot more information about the appointment than the calendar does. I haven't worked with this sort of software for very long, so am still in the early stages of my learning, therfore any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Attachments
scan list.png
scan list.png (52.8 KiB) Viewed 12471 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:38 am
It looks like you're showing a subset of event records in a list-view layout. FileMaker gives you tools to find and sort records however you like. And you can adjust which fields appear by editing the layout's contents in "Layout Mode". You can do some Googling for general guidance for FileMaker beginners, or watch some YouTube videos. Lots of good books on the subject too. HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:42 am
Thanks for responding so quickly.

I have spent a fair bit of time learning the basics but the problem is it doesn't seem as though simply editing the format of the layout can provide me with the data I need as well as the day time scale, with the empty spaces where no appointments are booked. In other words I can't figure out how to do it, despite googling and researching quite a bit!

Is it possible to take the format of the 'day view' calendar mode, and then have the specific fields I need overlapping the calendar? So I would basically just be using the time scale of the calendar with my own fields on top? I do feel like maybe I am making this more complicated than it is, but I just can't seem to think of a simple solution.

Apologies if I'm not making much sense!

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:53 am
You might try just editing the information that appears on the calendar's day view. Here's how to do that:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... LineEvents

If you really want to use that List view and see all time slots including empty ones, you'll need to create the records to represent those empty time slots. Then just make sure your found set is sorted correctly.

Return to SeedCode Calendar