Dragging bottom edge to change length

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:16 am
Hello -

When shift-dragging the bottom edge of an event to lengthen or shorten, the event assumes a new length shorter than predicted by the "drag rectangle." It works, but doesn't feel right to me as a UI choice and confuses some of my less adaptable users.

Any simple way to cause the resulting event length to be exactly predicted by the position of the drag rectangle?

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:56 am
Our Pro Calendar UI was always restricted by the inherent limitations of FileMaker's UI tools, and the behavior you describe is one example of that. Check out DayBack, our newest calendar product. It uses Javascript to render the calendar views in a webviewer. I think you'll find the drag-and-drop, and drag to resize features are more in line with modern UI designs: http://www.seedcode.com/filemaker-calendar/

HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:04 pm
Well -

In Click In / Drag Event I just tacked on 15 minutes ( Time ( 0; 15; 0 ) to the $Sc_Time parameter passed to "Create Edit Delete Event" (following the comment "#dragging last instance: change end time" and now the event takes on the length that is predicted by the drag rectangle. Much better.

All I need to do now is generalize the modification such that I am tacking on the value of the Time Scale Increment rather than a fixed 15 minutes and it should continue working when other time scale increments are selected.

Any unforeseen consequences of this approach? Everything seems to work.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:34 pm
Sounds brilliant to me. Very clever! Cheers.

Return to SeedCode Calendar