Filemaker Pro 11 breaks under OS X El Capitan

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:34 am
Hello -

Just a note to indicate that Seedcode Calendar 5.6 running under FM Pro 11 has serious display problems as of the El Capitan OS X upgrade.

Drag and drop for appointments is more or less broken, because the window blanks for the duration of the mouse-button press/drag and you have to guess where the appointment is landing. Once the mouse is released the Calendar reappears.

There are other less functionally important display anomalies, such as a brief flash of the screen when buttons are pressed (again the window blanking for the duration of the button-press), as well as oddities evident in the relationship table, layouts as they are being modified, etc.

I don't have access to newer versions so don't know how far forward these problems extend.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:21 am
Hi,

FileMaker 14 has some pretty serious issues under OS X El Capitan as well...

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15187

... and FMI recommends that you wait for updates before using FileMaker with the new OS. I can't say what they plan to do with FM11 but they announced the end of support for FM11 commencing Sept 25: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/d ... uct-family

Our new calendar will work in El Capitan despite the FM14 issues above:
http://www.seedcode.com/filemaker-calendar/

Not sure if moving to FM14 is an option.

Sincerely yours,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:40 pm
Would you determine, once Seedcode Calendar 5.6 has been converted to an fp12 format, if the display problems I observed (described in my first post above) are still apparent when it is run under FP versions 12, 13 and/or 14 under El Capitan?

I only have 11, so can't check myself.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:28 am
Hi, Sorry I don't have a quick answer for you: I'm not running El Capitan yet and I don't think anyone here is running it on production machines (those with FM12 and FM13 installed). That 5.6 calendar was introduced in 2010 and converting that to the fmp12 format--regardless of El Capital--is not going to perform as well as the newer calendars that were designed for the format. (The drag-and-drop in particular is *much* smoother in DayBack than in previous calendars. DayBack also gets rid of all those stacked layout objects that slow things down in this new "css based" layout world of fmp12.)

When we get El Capitan running here we'll convert these files and see what's happening but we won't be going back to this 5.6 code base to try and keep it current when we already have simpler (and faster) calendars available.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar