display different fields depending on the day

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:48 am
Hello, I'm using the 6.24 version, and it' works fine.
I would like to display different fields on the Week View depending on the day.
For example, there is an event during for five days, I want to show the time start in the first day, and the time end in the fifth day. It's possible?
Thanks, Damian
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:51 am
Hi Damian,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. It sounds like this is one event spanning multiple days; is that correct? While there's no way to calculate the summary for one event appearing on multiple days, you might consider adding other events to help describe this one multi-day event -- one for the event start and another for the event end.

Then, in your summary calculation, you could use the function DayOfWeek ( DateStart ) to determine the day that the event is on ("2" means the date is on Monday, "6" means the date is on Friday). That way, you could have different summary calculations for separate events that fall on different days of the week.

I hope that helps!
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:33 am
Thanks, DanW, but I' don't know how to get it.
There are a lot of events appearing on multiple days: two, three, even 30 days. I need to show the TimeStart on the first day, and the TimeEnd field on the last day.
I've changed de Summary to calculation field and works fine, so I only need to add some formula... what? I don't know. Is't necessary to change the field: CalendarContentReptCalc?
Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 am
Hi Damian,

I think this document will be very helpful for you use of the calendar: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... ntDuration.

It suggests how you could use separate events to mark the start and end of a multi-day event. In the end, you would have 3 events for each multi-day event. The start time/event, the multi-day event, and the end time/event. That way, your event's that span multiple days would be very clearly described on the calendar. Let me know if that helps!

Also, regarding modifying your summary calculation, you would not want to change the "Summary" field to a calculation. Instead, you would modify the calculation field that you've mapped to "event summary calc" on your Source No 1 layout. This field is often named "zscEventSummaryCalc".

All the best,
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:06 am
Thanks, Dan!!

Return to SeedCode Calendar