Your access privileges prevent you...

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:01 am
I have a few coworkers using a FM database I set up. A while back I set up dayback calendar. Works fine for the original person using it as well as myself as admin on our own machines. More recently I set up another coworker and they are able to use all the database layouts ok except the calendar. When trying to load the individual calendars or events on the dayback layout, we get an access privileges - denied popup. This is specific to her install/ workstation as I am able to log in as her on my machine just fine. Also, when I try to login with my full admin account on her workstation, I am also denied!

KC at seedcase support pointed me to FMP URL documentation but in following the corrective steps they called for turning on extended privileges/ fmurlscript but that is not listed as one of the keywords in my databases' extended privilege set list.

I tried using the test link, fmp://$/DayBack.fmp12?script=Unused&param=run and changed the name to my file's name but it didn't work I think because it is remotely hosted.

Now, before I follow on with the instructions and mess with reinstalling filmmaker or messing with the registry (which is a Mac running windows so not sure how that's going to work out) I just want to make sure I'm chasing the correct path.

Thanks!
Mike
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:59 am
Hi Mike,

Could it be that the offending machine is the only machine running FileMaker 16? If so, that's why you don't see the extended privilege on other machines and why the offending machine is the one on which you'll need to log in and make KC's change:

> KC at seedcase support pointed me to FMP URL documentation but in following the corrective steps they called for turning on extended privileges/ fmurlscript but that is not listed as one of the keywords in my databases' extended privilege set list.

Even though you're getting an error when you log in, that access privileges error is really saying "DayBack can't run any FileMaker scripts until you add the extended privilege above." You still have the file open as a full access user and can enable that extended privilege.

Hope that helps,

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:07 am
Ah, I did only check the privileges on my machine which runs 13. I will check. Thanks!
Mike
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 am
You were correct. Logged in on her machine and updated locally and it fixed the problem. Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 am
That's great to hear, Mike!

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

KC

Return to SeedCode Calendar