Hidden Templates

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:20 am
Hi John

I thought I better ask first before I spend hours looking while you may have a quick solution for me.

I have a couple of templates, which I actually only want to call by a specific script and which I want to have hidden, so they can't be selected manually nor can they be found under recent sent, nor can they be re-printed without admin access.
Users will only see in the Journal, that the letter is issued.

While typing, I had the idea to create a new merge group, which will be basically identically to one exisiting one, just a different name, but because I can only select templates from the specified merge group, these templates would not appear, as I will not have a manual creation function. (with the changes I did according to the other post)

Well, I guess I have answered my own question, but I will post it anyway, as you may have a better idea or other people may find this helpful.

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:49 am
I like your idea. Alternately, I might use access privileges to hide the template itself (it is a record after all) unless the user is in with full access.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to fmSpark