fm spark mailing problems

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:36 am
At time the email goes through my mail server and at other times it simply times out. What do I need to look for in solving this problem? Is it a html language in the document, something in my settings (which does not change from the time it works), or ?????
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:00 am
Hi Herb,

Mail Servers are a bit outside my competency. Are you sending just one mail and it is timing out in some cases?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:10 pm
I'm having a similar problem with my mailing....
For smaller group e-mails, I have sent a few that worked just fine, but I just tried to send one to all the families at my school (about 540 e-mails) and it wouldn't send all of them. It started and sent almost 200 messages, but then just stopped. I tried to "send all" again, and nothing happened, so I sent one or two individually, and they went off just fine. So I tried again to send all and fmSpark did send a another larger group (maybe another 50 messages) but stopped again. So each time it stopped, I had to send one individually, then click "send all" until it finally worked its way through the whole group. :?
Do I have a setting wrong? I was using a sample stationary that came with fmSpark. Everything else seemed to be fine... it merged with out a problem, I could see the preview before sending the mailing, I could edit the recipient list, etc. Help!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:38 pm
Hi,

It sounds like your mail server has a limit on how many emails you can send per minute or per hour. I imagine that if you can break your list into 3 groups of less than 200 contacts each, you'd be able to send each group in its entirety as long as you wait a couple minutes between each group.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to fmSpark