How do you assign stationary to a template?

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:12 pm
I've created a new HTML Stationary but I'm having trouble seeing how to assign the stationary to a template.
I created a new template by creating a merge list and doing a Save As Template...
But when I try to edit the new Template in Settings I don't see how to assign the new stationary to the template, the template still has the old stationary from the Save As Template step.

Thanks for any pointers,

Tom
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:02 am
Hi Tom,

You're right: this is a little confusing since the assignment isn't made in Settings. It is done when you're composing a mailing.

So open a recent mailing that uses the template you're interested in. (Grab one that hasn't been merged, make a new one, or revert one you've merged.) Click on the "Stationery" region in the left hand side below "Plain Text Part" and you'll see a "Select Stationery" button. Change the stationery using that button and then click "Save As Template..." opting to replace the current template.

That's it. If you now make a mailing with the template you'll see it uses the new stationery. This routine doesn't make a new preview for you automatically (the thumbnail you see when selecting a template) so if your stationery really changed the look of the template you'll want to make a new one of those in Settings or paste one in there.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:43 pm
Thanks John! That was the issue, I knew I saw that somewhere but couldn't find where that button was.

I don't think I saw this mentioned in the documentation for Templates or Stationary. Could be a good addition.

Thanks again.

Return to fmSpark