Review Email layout

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41 am
After e-mail Merge, I enter Review Email layout, and I can see list of recipients, showing full name of contacts and status (Sent/Unsent).
How can I add another field in portal - I would like the list of recepients to show 3 items in each row - Full name of contact, Company and Status (sent/unsent). In related Contacts table I already have Company field.
Tried to digg some solution through fmData file, Message table, but cannot figure out how the field recipientName is used and which script or calc is using it. If I can figure it out, I could simply create new field recipientCompany and use it the same way...
Manny thanks,
Goran
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:54 am
Hi Goran,

Create a new occurrence of your contacts table and link it to _Messages of Batch as shown here (be sure to preface your new table occurrence name with an "_").

Now you can include any additional fields from the contacts table in Review Email by using fields from this table occurrence.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:21 am
Thanks John, works perfectly. It's a great piece of software, I learned a lot from it and still learning...
Best wishes,
Goran

http://www.mbi.hr/Portals/MBI/Images/Capture.jpg

Return to fmSpark