Keep getting prompted for password to fmSparkUtil file

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:25 am
When I open a solution that uses fmSpark on a desktop with FileMaker 10 or 11 the fmSparkUtil file opens and the Mail.it plug-in loads fine. When I log into a version of the solution that's being hosted by FileMaker Server I'm prompted to log in to the fmSparkUtil file. When I can't provide login credentials the plug-in fails to properly load.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

I confirmed that we purchased the Workgroup edition of fmSpark.

I changed the name of the fmSpark files with the FMPA developer tools, but since the file opens and the plug-in loads properly when the files are local I doubt this has anything to do with the failure.

As long as I'm posting, one other question I had was: are there any concerns about using the provided Mail.it v3 plugin with FileMaker 11?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Mike
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:04 am
Hi Mike,

No worries about the plugin with FM11.

As for the Util file, that file is opened with an auto-enter password from the fmSpark file. The only reason it would ask you for a password is if the file is not set to be shared. Check that before you put the file on the server and you should be set.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am
Thanks for the hint, John, that did the trick! The file was set to "No users" network access to the file.

Thanks, too, for the reassurance about FM 11.

Mike

Return to fmSpark