Not writing to Journal

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:44 pm
I had to re-install fmSpark for a FM db (using SeedCode's instructions), and now two things are failing. First, fmSpark isn't writing new entries to my Journal table. Second, the old entries aren't showing up in the 'Journal' tab in my Contacts table. I've kicked my set-up around a bit today, and I even ran the Script debugger while trying to find a source of the problem, but I've come up with nuthin'.

Can anybody suggest a mistake I might have made? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Jason
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 pm
If old entries aren't showing up then a) the relationship between contacts and the journal table isn't correct, and/or b) you've selected the wrong journal table.

Take a look at those two things and I imagine that will point the way to records not being written there.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:30 am
John - Thanks. You were right about the broken relationship. That's why existing journal entries weren't showing up in my contact portals.

The writing problem persists, however. Any pointers on debugging that? Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can share.

Return to fmSpark