Selecting a date range got "stuck"

Integrating and modifying Proof's amazing mini-calendar.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:23 pm
Today I experienced a strange behaviour when using NinjaCal. When trying to select a date range, NinjaCal only selected single days. (I clicked on a start day, pressed Shift and held it, and clicked on the end day; just as always.) I restarted FileMaker, but nothing changed. I then restarted the Mac, et voilà: Everything worked again like it always did. Does anyone have clue what could have caused this behaviour?

Thanks,
Mike

(Mac OS 10.5, FM Pro 10.0v3)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:24 am
No. I'd have thought you had your caps lock down but NinjaCal understands that. Must have been a keyboard setting that got flushed on restart.

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:29 am
Hi Mike,

NinjaCal is using FileMaker's Get ( ActiveModifierKey ) function, and there have been reports of the function getting "stuck" through the years, particularly on the mac. It appears to always be at the OS level, as is your case, because restarting FileMaker does not solve the issue, while rebooting does.

Here's a thread from FMForums on the topic that's typical of what I've seen, and has a few theories of what might be going on. I myself usually stop investigating if the reboot works 8)

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/50513-g ... d-working/

-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:43 pm
Hey John and Jason,

Thanks a lot for your posts - very interesting indeed! So, as I cannot do anything against this behaviour and as it seems that it does not happen too often (otherwise, I guess, would have been many more reports about it), I will let my users know that such a thing could occur...

Thanks again!
Mike
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:11 am
Hey,

Just for the record: This behaviour now showed up for the second time in 1.5 yrs; again restarting FM didn't help, but restarting the Mac did. (Mac OS 10.5, FM Pro 10.0v3)

Mike
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:52 am
Thanks Mike.

We appreciate you considering this forum "the record" 8)

Return to NinjaCal