Multiple participants not shown on calendar

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:58 am
Is there a way to show multiple participants to an appointment on the calendar in s string? By selecting multiple participants when making an appointment shoultn't that appointment be made for each participant.

If all the participants are not included in the appointment list and calendar you will be required to make the appointment for each participant which makes the "multiple participants" function usless.

Any comments
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:10 am
I'm not completely sure what you're asking about, but it sounds like you'd like to see all the participants for an appointment in the Daily (or monthly) view of the calendar.

While this can be done, we haven't included it as we didn't feel there was really enough space to show all the possible participants.

In any event, the calendar filters respect the multiple-participants thing, so you don't need to create one appointment per participant. You can have 10 people participating in one appointment, for instance, and if you filter the calendar to show appointments for any one of those 10 people the appointment will still show up. The only confusing thing- and perhaps this is the upshot of your email- is that you still only see the first participant's initials on the daily view.

If you want to try and see all participants on the daily view, you'll want to create a new calculation field in Appointments.fp5 to transform the participants' list into a string. Try this:

Code: Select all
Substitute(ApptKeyInitials, "?", "; ") & Case(not IsEmpty(ApptKeyInitials), ".")

Note, the "?" above represents FileMaker's paragraph symbol.

You could then use that field in place of the initials field on the daily view.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by John Sindelar on Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:50 am
Thanks John,

Thats exactly what I wanted to do. I only have a few "Participants" and it's nice to see them all at a glance.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:00 am
Anonymous wrote:Thats exactly what I wanted to do. I only have a few "Participants" and it's nice to see them all at a glance.

Glad it will work for you.

Using initials instead of full names makes this easier. For another project, where we use full names we have something like this...

...where clicking on "and 2 others" brings up a list of all the selected users. I don't know if I like it yet or not.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)