Translating layouts in french

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:48 am
Hi every one !

I just dowloaded CCCalendar Free
Using FMpro 5.5 Windows

The product looks nice.
I have a question, I would like to translate the layout in french. Is it possible ???

What I mean is, for example, the top part where it says Daily, Monthly, etc.
I would like to change that for: Jour, Mois.
Probably other things also but I haven't had the time to try iy out that much.

Also, would it be possible to print a daily list of appointments that looks more like a regular appointment book.
With all time time slots beeing visible even if no appointement is scheduled.
That way, I could print a hard copy in the morning and take it with me. If someone calls on my cell when I'm out of the office ,I could see instantly if a time slot is avaliable and then write that new appointment.

Thanks in advance for the info

Claude
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:34 am
Claudius wrote:I have a question, I would like to translate the layout in french. Is it possible ??? What I mean is, for example, the top part where it says Daily, Monthly, etc. I would like to change that for: Jour, Mois.

Hi. In the FM6 version, these tab names are part of the graphic used to draw the tabs (in the FM& version, the title of each tab is recorded as text in our interface table, making translation a lot easier).

However, you can use our free CCTabs Utility to build new tab graphics in French. CC Tabs contains simple blank tabs in FileMaker and the tab template file in Photoshop. Thus, you can build that have no words on the, and use FileMaker text fields for your tab names. CCTabs has almost the exact tab shape as the tabs in CC Calendar, so with a little pixel nudging you'll be to get French tabs going.

More information on CCTabs is available here.

Claudius wrote:Also, would it be possible to print a daily list of appointments that looks more like a regular appointment book. With all time time slots beeing visible even if no appointement is scheduled.
That way, I could print a hard copy in the morning and take it with me. If someone calls on my cell when I'm out of the office ,I could see instantly if a time slot is avaliable and then write that new appointment.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to do this in our FM6 calendar. I'd suggest you take a look at our FM7 calendar which displays "appointment slots" much as you describe.

While there are certainly ways to do this, getting appointment slots to respect the calendar filters in FileMaker 6 is a *lot* of work.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:46 am
"Unfortunately, there is no good way to do this in our FM6 calendar. I'd suggest you take a look at our FM7 calendar which displays "appointment slots" much as you describe.

While there are certainly ways to do this, getting appointment slots to respect the calendar filters in FileMaker 6 is a *lot* of work. "

Just recieved FM7
I don't see where those appt slots display....
Could you point me in the right direction ??

Also ,Is there a way to get to a different month without having to click on the arrows 12 times if I want to go to the same month next year.

Thanks for your time
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:55 am
Claudius wrote:Just recieved FM7
I don't see where those appt slots display....
Could you point me in the right direction ??

Sure. There are in the Pro Calendar; you can see a screen shot of them here: screenshot

Claudius wrote:Also ,Is there a way to get to a different month without having to click on the arrows 12 times if I want to go to the same month next year.

Absolutely! In the FileMaker 7 calendar simply click on the "filter" button from the Week, Month, or Year views (or click on any filter from the Daily view). On the filter mini-window you'll see a field for a "go to" date. Entering a date there and then clicking "Continue" is definitely the easiest way to move from date to date when the day you want is not visible on the calendar somewhere.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)