Related start dates not displayed for weekly & monthly v

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
How do I get start dates for related items to show on the weekly and monthly view?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:30 am
Hi, Both the month and week views show the Start Time, User Initials, and Description by default. You can easily add the start date (if you can find room for it) by copying the Start Time field and pasting it back into the portal, then click on the newly pasted field and switch it to be the start date instead of the start time. This copy-and-paste trick preserves the correct relationship of the original field as long as you copy from each of the 7 portals on the calendar (you don't want to copy once and paste 7 times).

In the FileMaker Pro 7 calendar these fields are a little herder to get to as there are container fields on top of them on the month view (these container objects are rectangles the size of the day on the month view). You'll want to slide all 7 container objects off to the right so that you can get at the fields below: trick is, you need to be able to put them back in *exactly* the same place when you're done.

A good trick for this is to add a rectangle to the layout, placing it flush into the top left corner of the layout. Then, select this rectangle along with your 7 container fields and move all 8 objects off to the left. When it comes time to put them back, you can select all 8 again and drag them to the left until your rectangle is flush in the top left corner again, assuring that your container fields are now in exactly the same place they were when you started.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:00 pm
John Sindelar wrote:Hi, Both the month and week views show the Start Time, User Initials, and Description by default.

I am using the Full version of CCCalendar. I am talking about the "Related Items A" portal on the weekly view and the "related items A" view of the monthly calendar.

On both these views, the start date does not show on the calendar only the due date.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:48 pm
Ross MacGregor wrote:I am using the Full version of CCCalendar. I am talking about the "Related Items A" portal on the weekly view and the "related items A" view of the monthly calendar.

On both these views, the start date does not show on the calendar only the due date.

Ah. Are you saying that Related Items A only show up if their Due date matches, not if their start date matches? If so, I think this is a filtering issue. From the Related Item A screen click "filter" and see if it is set to Due Date. If so, setting it to Start Date should get it for you. If it is already set to start date, double check the ItemAKeyDateCalc in your version of Related Items A. It should look like this:
Code: Select all
DateToText(ItemAFldDateStart) & "?" &
DateToText(ItemAFldDateDue) & "?" &
DateToText(ItemAFldDateStart) & " Start" &  "?" &
DateToText(ItemAFldDateDue) & " Due"

Let me know if that is more in line with what you're asking about.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:20 pm
John Sindelar wrote:If so, I think this is a filtering issue. From the Related Item A screen click "filter" and see if it is set to Due Date. If so, setting it to Start Date should get it for you.

Ahh alright, sorry I missed the filter button.

The problem is, I don't want a filter. I want the start and due dates to both show up. How would I make that happen?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:38 pm
Add the field ThirtyDayStartODueGlob to some layout in CCCalendar.fp5, allow entry to the field, and delete its contents (either start or due). When the field is blank, both values show up.

Better yet, edit the scripts "Show Items Due" and "Show Items Start" in CCCalendar.fp5 so that the ThirtyDayStartODueGlob field is emptied if you run the scripts with the shift key held down (these are the scripts attached to the start or due date filters).

The other globs set in the script are the blue radio buttons to indicate which filter option is selected; you'll want to clear those fields too.

Enjoy!
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)