After making appointments?

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:50 am
Help please.

Once I have clicked on the new+ button the appointment window opens no problem.

I can then enter appointment details no problem.

However once done I cannot seem to get back to a maximized daily calendar window

I am very new to scripts etc and cant seem to find what I need to do.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Thanks

Carl

[email protected]
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:45 am
Hi Carl,

Once the new appointment mini window pops up, you're in a paused script. FileMaker won't let you do anything (except enter data) until the paused script is "continued". You'll see a button labeled "OK" in the lower left of this mini window; clicking that continues the script which returns you to the main calendar. (In fact, the OK button simply calls the "Resume Script" button action.)

By the way, since the script is paused when you create new appointments (or edit existing ones), it can be hard to edit the mini appointment layout. The trick is to edit the layout *without* selecting an appointment first. From any of the main calendar views, simply select CalendarUtility.fp5 from FileMaker's Window menu. This will bring up the file used to display the mini window- then run the Stat Bar script in the Scripts menu to unlock the status area so that you can navigate to other layouts and edit them as you need to.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:58 am
Thanks John

When I click "ok" it doesn't actually open any windows again but all i see are all the minimized windows.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:26 am
Hmmm. Maybe you can give me a few more details... Is the calendar window visible when you begin to create the appointment? Which version of the calendar are you using (from the bottom of the about tab); which version of FileMaker Pro?

Thanks.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:18 am
Hi John

Using FM6

When I open the appointment window calendar is still available in the background

I am using full version 4.51 of calendar

Hope this helps you to help me

Cheers

Carl
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:28 am
Anonymous wrote:When I open the appointment window calendar is still available in the background

... then I don't see why it would be "hiding" when you complete the appointment. The OK button on the edit appointment window is merely resuming the paused "Appt Pause" script, so your window should be fine.

Am I right in thinking that you've modified some of these scripts? If so, fee free to email me the file (john at seedcode.com) and I'll be glad to take a look.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:43 am
No John

I haven't modified the scripts

Thank you for your help I will email the files tomorrow

Carl
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:27 am
This doesn't happen with freshly downloaded files, so perhaps you made an unintended change; you can download a fresh version here.

You might also try resetting the calendar; go to the month view and click the (very) small reset button in the lower right corner.

By all means send the file(s) but let me know if either of the above help.

Thanks,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)