Year at a glance

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:53 pm
How can I create a year at a glance view? Is this available through CC Calendar PRO?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:24 am
This is not the simplest thing to do (at least in CC Calendar). There are two general approaches here: one approach would show 12 "real" mini Calendars where you can select the dates with each, a second approach would show "pictures" of each month and just use the year at a glance to move to the correct month, landing on one of the exiting, "real" calendars.

Option 2 is a bit of a hack as the calendar's can't show anything (appointments, holidays, etc.) Option 1, unfortunately, is pretty tough. I'll sketch out the basics and if you really want to tackle this we can go back into it in further posts.

CC Calendar draws a month with 6 records. Thus, the mini calendar is a 6 record portal. You'd need to create additional records for the rest of the year, and then create additional relationships to those records so you could have 12 portals. Make sense?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:56 am
Greetings,

John has pretty much covered the options available on a year-at-a-glance. One thing I would ask, however, is when you decide the approach you seem to like best, is asking if you'd post a suggestion in our suggestions forum.

We are always looking for ways to improve our products and suggestions from users with time invested in the product is the best possible place to start.

Thanks for your interest.
Court Bowman, President
Cleveland Consulting, Inc.

http://www.clevelandconsulting.com/
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:17 pm
An idle mind can be a productive place...

I've come up with a pretty cool way to do a "real" year at a glance calendar where we can color the days to show the presence of appointments, deadlines, etc. Best of all, this isn't the tons-of-relationships nightmare I originally envisioned; it is pretty simple and would be easy to modify.

If you're still interested, shoot me a note and I'll give you an estimate for adding it to your existing CC Calendar implementation.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:37 pm
I would love to see the year at a glance in CC calendar. Can I see what you have done with this?

Mark Jones
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:22 am
Hi Mark,

It's a straight forward year view where each day has a small colored indicator representing the type of items planned for that day. As with the other "mini calendars" in CC Calendar, it can also be used to navigate to different days or months and/or to create appointments for a specific day.

This feature is currently on tap for the next (FileMaker 7) version of CC Calendar. We're adding this to existing calendar implementations as a custom modification: email me directly at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss how we could add it to your particular situation.

HTH.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)