Can't find CCCalendar.fp5

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:15 am
I have serveral people useing CC Calendar. I have changed the scripts so FileMaker Pro can find the 4 files being hosted on our server. Now after opening the calendar when anyone tries to add or modify an event FileMaker Pro says it can't find CCCalendar.fp5. Not only is this file local - it is also open at the time it gives this error. What's up? Is it expecting to find the file on our server? How do I change a script to find a local file?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:01 am
Hi. You need to make sure that the local file is in the "sweet spot" and then change the relationships in the served files to point to it (making sure "store relative path" is unchecked when you specify the file).

The "sweet spot" is inside the FileMaker Pro application folder (Mac OS 9x and Windows). On Mac OSX systems, Calendar.fp5 should be placed inside the user’s documents folder (Users/Username/Documents/).

You can also modify the FM6 calendar so that there is no local component and all files are served. Instructions for that modification can be found here:

http://www.seedcode.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=33

Hope that helps.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:20 pm
I am still having trouble finding CCCalendar. I have changed the SystemOpen and the SystemExit scripts in CCCalendar to point to our server and in doing so I have cleared the check box for “store relative path”. When I start up CCCalendar all database files open without an error. When I click on the “new” button it gives an error saying CCCalendar can’t be found. What gets me is it is open! CCCalendar.fp5 is where I pressed the button to get this error. When I press OK a window pops up asking me to find CCCalendar. Every time the window opens CCCalendar is in this window! That’s because I put it in the sweet spot as you call it. I just double click on it and the Calendar is fine the rest of the day.

I guess I could make the changes you talked about to host it from our server but I like the speed of having CCCalendar local.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:38 pm
Dave_N wrote:What gets me is it is open!

Crazy, isn't it... FM6 could be a bit smarter. In any event, it is the CalendarUtility file which is having the problem: specifically the relationships there.

You could also move to 7, which doesn't have a local component to the calendar. I know that isn't always an option.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:27 pm
HI !!

I took off the CC Calendar Utility from the server, and put it in the same directory my document of each "client computer" as a local file, exactly like the cc calendar...

And it's working !!! Calendar utility stop asking where tha cccalendar was !!!

I did this with filemaker serveur 5.5 on a PC...

I will try ot on a MAC probably next week to see if that work !! :lol: :lol:

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)