Click results issue

Support, Tips and Mods for Matt Navarre's SearchResults technique.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:04 pm
I am having a problem with my installation. Everything seems to be working fine. When the results show and I click on a single name OR the "click to see other XX results..." they both take me to the list view. I have altered the script to point to the form view. but it will still only show the first contact in the list, regardless of the contact i choose. I am not sure what i am missing any help would be great.

JK
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:33 pm
A couple things to check...

On the TableXX layout for this context, is the table's primary key (the Unique ID) pointed at the right field in your table?

And in the section of the Integration Settings script (after the comment "Select which layouts to use when clicking on results: Form Views") is this particular context using a GoToRelatedRecord step? If it is, are you sure that is necessary and is it correct.

Let me know,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:50 pm
it was the unique ID field! I had it set, but you helped me realize that a large portion of my database did not have anything assigned under the field. I added an ID to each contact with a simple serial number fill in, and presto. Everything is working like a charm.

Return to fmSearchResults