Searching in related tables

Support, Tips and Mods for Matt Navarre's SearchResults technique.
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:45 am
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:00 am
I've got a problem with fmSR in FM11. I need to add one related field to a search. I've added an additional TEXT field on the correct TABLE0x layout, the field is coming from the correct table occurrence and the script has been adjusted to work with this field.

For some reason the related data is not being found.

When stepping through the script the script seems to be fine until it gets to the related field. The new request is created, the object is selected by the script but when the set field happens, nothing gets placed into the field.

If I do a manual search on TABLE0x it works fine, the related data is found.

Second issue, the search should return about 15 records. Only 6 show up in the search results window. The prefs have been set to return 20 results.

Dave Zakary
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:45 am
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Figured out my problem with not getting all the records returned. Had to enable a Go to Record [first] script step in the create results script.

Still can't figure out the first problem though.

Return to fmSearchResults

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
(855) SEEDCODE
support@seedcode.com
Follow us: