SSN search

Support, Tips and Mods for Matt Navarre's SearchResults technique.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:57 pm
Text search for a social security number seems to fail. When entered in the database, the SSN data is formatted via auto-enter calc as 000-00-0000. A date field in the same table works fine in fmSearchResults, so I don't think there is any problem with the script steps for this particular table's search. The text field for the SSN on the search layout has the proper object name and it is a stored text-type field. If I just do a manual find in the SSN field on that layout, a found set is returned. Is there something tricky about SSN fields in fmSearchResults that I might be missing?
Hedrich Michaelsen
Austin TX
512-458-2099
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:03 pm
OK, I see that if I enclose the SSN in quotes when entering in the search widget the SSN field is searched. Will instruct the client.
Hedrich Michaelsen
Austin TX
512-458-2099
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:38 am
Hi Hedrich,

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Right, if they're set up as text, then "out of the box." They'll require quotes. If you wanted to do it without the quotes, then I think copying and modifying the way it searches for phone numbers would probably be the fastest way to get there, as that's a pretty similar format.

hth,
Jason

Return to fmSearchResults