ZuluCalendarList UUIDs won't Populate

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:58 pm
I've been playing with Zulu today. So far it's amazing. Thanks!

We have one table of events and the initial setup went well. Now I'm setting up multiple Calendars from the one table of events as filters. I'm following the instructions on the "Creating Additional Filtered Calendars: Duplicating Calendars" by duping the ZuluCalendarList record, changing the DisplayName, clearing the properties, and the uuid automatically clears.

The problem seems to be that the uuid isn't getting populated on the additional records.

I've noticed that on the hercules.360works.com page with the settings under the Sunbird settings that it's showing the same info. One calendar has a uuid and the addtional calendars don't have the uuid. At the end of the URL, I see two slashes instead of the uuid in between those two slashes.

Is there something I need to do to get the uuids to populate?

Thanks, Hal
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:51 pm
Hal,

I'm sorry! We've simplified the calendar creation process and I never changed the docs (just fixed them). So when you duplicate a calendar, just type in a new UUID (make up something) and don't worry about deleting the properties field. Recreate your new calendars using this approach and you'll be all set.

Sorry for the inconvenience. (Glad you're checking this out- welcome aboard.)

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:44 am
Thanks John!

Interestingly, there were times that the uuid on the ZuluCalendarList did get automatically populated. I think the Server Extension was doing that, but I don't know when.

Would it be possible for the extension to populate that field anytime that it's empty? Just an idea...

Also, right above the section you updated there's a spelling error. :shock: "If you want to have a calendar foe items"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:58 am
Populating the uuid manually worked great. I had the feeling that the server extension was supposed to do that, bit it's great to know that it doesn't matter...

Thanks, Hal

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker