ALL-day events on the wrong day?

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:28 pm
Hi,

I'm testing out the iCal Server for FileMaker and it looks really awesome, I was thinking everything went really well until I found a strange error when publishing all-day events from FileMaker.

I tested to create an all day event in iCal and a record created in FileMaker with the start date = 2010-09-29 and end date 2010-10-30. Wich was showing up allright in iCal as an all day event for 2010-09-29.

I created a record in FileMaker with the same dates (no times was specified as I figured thats the tning that triggers the all-day event or not)
All fine BUT in iCal the event shows up on 2010-09-28 instead?

I can't seem to find why it does that because it's the same data as in the record created from iCal.
But every all-day event shows up one day early in iCal.

I guess there is something I have missed but can somebody please point me in the direction on how to solve the issue :)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 pm
Hm, ok, now even events created from iCal ends up on the wrong day the second time I update the calendar.

Created fine in iCal -> update calendar -> the event pops back one day.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:00 pm
I was thinking, maybe it's my solution so I took the sample file "ZuluSampleData" and published it, and same thing happened. The all day events shows up one day early :S
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:58 pm
Ok, got a work-around. I created new start-date and end-date fields which takes my solutions start/end dates and adds 1 day :)

Then I updated the Zulu_PostEdit script so new events from iCal puts dates into the solutions date fields

In another thread here it seems to be issues with the time zone (I'm in GMT+2) but I can't really change time zone on the server without screwing up other things so the above work-around seems to work for now.

Would be really happy if you can get a "real" solution to the problem in the near future though

Regards
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:42 pm
heron wrote:Ok, got a work-around. I created new start-date and end-date fields which takes my solutions start/end dates and adds 1 day :)

Excellent mod heron! One of my favorites. ;-)

But it looks like we may have a fix for this one-day-early bug: I'm sorry it has taken so long. It turns out there was an error in one of the libraries we were using and we believe this is to blame. We've repaired this in a new build of the plugin available for download here:

http://www.seedcode.com/downloads

Please install this version (instructions here) and let me know if this fixes this timezone issue for you.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 pm
Hi Heron!
I have updated the version, John sayed. And i had installed the Servlet Version. And, and ..... it woks.

Now i am very happy.

Events on that day's at iCal entered in Filemaker.

And John was still always "on-line" - He did a great Job.

Hey Guy, many thanks.

:lol:

Best wishes - johann putz
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:45 pm
Thank YOU Johann; I appreciate your patience!

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:07 pm
- johann
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:27 am
John

We've tried this but after 2 attempts to install the latest plugin from the downloads page, it keeps informing us that we're at version 0.992.

Do you have any full uninstall instructions available?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:45 am
We do. Are you using the plugin or servlet version?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:52 am
Hi John

We're using the servlet version.

Cheers!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:56 am
OK. First, stop the Web Publishing Engine and then be sure to remove the plugin version if you ever installed it.

Next, run the Zulu installer, selecting the Uninstall option. Then run the installer again:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... TheServlet

The latest build is 0.995 so download that one here if you don't have it: http://www.seedcode.com/downloads
Last edited by John Sindelar on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 am
Thanks John.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:18 pm
I'm seeing this one day early issue. Using the servlet, version 1.018 on Mac OS X. Is there something else that could be causing this? Any suggestions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:54 pm
Hey Richard, 1.018 should be good as we made a number of timezone improvements there. These don't fix existing events, however, so test this with newly created events (creating in FMP or in iCal)...

First, does toggling timezone support in iCal preferences help? I have timezone support On in iCal, others like it off.

Second, download the latest build (1.2) here, instructions for installing new builds are very straight forward: upgrading.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker