Switching event from one calendar to another

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:02 am
The documentation for Zulu states, "Fortunately, iCal doesn't let you do this." This is in reference to moving an event from a local iCal calendar and a Zulu calendar.

First I think the word they were looking for is "Unfortunately." However this statement is incorrect. The process is just not intuitive in that you can't .

To move an event from one local calendar to a Zulu calendar is as simple as drag and drop. Click the event you want to move, drag it to the left column where the names of the calendars are and drop it on the calendar you want to move the event to.

This works in iCal 3 and is untested on iCal 4 and this does not work with Subscribed calendars.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 pm
Excellent Sean; I don't know how I missed this. I've updated our docs on this to read...

You can drag an event from another iCal calendar into a Zulu calendar and the corresponding FileMaker Record will be created. If you drag an event from Zulu to another iCal Calendar, it appears to work, but the FileMaker record behind the Zulu calendar is not deleted, meaning that it will come back the next time iCal refreshes and it will appear you have two of the event: one in the new calendar you dragged to, one in Zulu.

Thanks!
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker