Anybody Seen This iCal Error

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:57 am
just a thought but it might be that the records are in use when they are read by zulu? so it cant generate the UID stuff?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:23 am
Hey Alex,

(I moved Andy's post to a new thread as you two probably have different issues and this thread should stay on your topic. You can find Andy's post here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3242)

I doubt that all the records are in use. As for filters, that can cause problems if the field you're filtering on isn't "on"Zulu's field mapping layout. But since your configuration fixes itself after 30 minutes or so, I don't believe it is that your configuration is wrong. Sounds like something is happening on your server to knock out web publishing: "0{database}" isn't normally what one would expect to see at -dbnames.

You should see something like this after being asked for your username and password (below). If you're not being asked for a username and password, perhaps you have an auto-enter on the file that isn't using one of the Zulu friendly privilege sets?

<FMPXMLRESULT>
<ERRORCODE>0</ERRORCODE>
<PRODUCT BUILD="05/13/2010" NAME="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" VERSION="11.0.2.205"/>
<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="" LAYOUT="" NAME="DBNAMES" RECORDS="1" TIMEFORMAT=""/>

<METADATA>
<FIELD EMPTYOK="NO" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="DATABASE_NAME" TYPE="TEXT"/>
</METADATA>

<RESULTSET FOUND="1">

<ROW MODID="0" RECORDID="0">

<COL>
<DATA>ZuluSampleData</DATA>
</COL>
</ROW>
</RESULTSET>
</FMPXMLRESULT>
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 am
this is the result i get all the time. i think i was mis understood with the response. i was trying to protect the name of the database.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><!DOCTYPE FMPXMLRESULT PUBLIC "-//FMI//DTD FMPXMLRESULT//EN" "/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.dtd"><FMPXMLRESULT xmlns="http://www.filemaker.com/fmpxmlresult"><ERRORCODE>0</ERRORCODE><PRODUCT BUILD="05/13/2010" NAME="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" VERSION="11.0.2.205"/><DATABASE DATEFORMAT="" LAYOUT="" NAME="DBNAMES" RECORDS="1" TIMEFORMAT=""/><METADATA><FIELD EMPTYOK="NO" MAXREPEAT="1" NAME="DATABASE_NAME" TYPE="TEXT"/></METADATA><RESULTSET FOUND="1"><ROW MODID="0" RECORDID="0"><COL><DATA>******DATABASE_NAME*******</DATA></COL></ROW></RESULTSET></FMPXMLRESULT>
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Hi Alex,

Can you send us the most recent Catalina Log right after you get the error:

FileMaker Server > Web Publishing > publishing-engine > cwpe-tomcat > logs > catalina.<<date>>.log

Please send to [email protected]

Thanks,
Jason
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 am
i sent you an email with the log, it states this :

Mar 24, 2011 9:12:07 AM com.prosc.fmcaldav.DBAuthenticator credentialsForRequest
INFO: no auth provided, use defaults
Mar 24, 2011 9:12:08 AM com.prosc.fmcaldav.DBAuthenticator authenticate
INFO: Failed login attempt by user ReadOnly
Mar 24, 2011 9:12:08 AM com.prosc.caldav.server.Server service
WARNING: Authentication failure for /calendars/---------DATABASE_NAME-------/: com.prosc.caldav.server.handlers.UnauthorizedException: java.sql.SQLException: Unauthorized

the user ical users login with does have full access to the database if that helps.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 am
Yep !

I get this error too...

I can pinpoint the exact moment when it started happening.

I worked with the example file a week ago and patched it to our solution and it worked perfectly.

Today someone pointed me to the starting time of the events ; they weren't comming along.

So, while the thing was being published I changed the field on the layout. After that, I all went to pieces...

Publishing the database again gives me the 'databases are being published' screen, but clicking on the 'read only subscription' I get this error...

---error---
com.prosc.caldav.server.handlers.NotFoundException: GET method not supported for /calendars/AVGPlanneruren/29e54608-75f1-459c-be99-5c247ea910ed/
---end error---

iCal gives me the same
The request for account “xxx” failed.

The server responded with
“HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error”
to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation.

Please help...

I restarted FMS and the Second machine allready, nothing seems to work...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:12 am
Oh, btw... the -db-names thing gives me all databases that are served, so that shouldn't be a problem...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:40 am
Hi,

If things published correctly, and db names is working, then it's most likely an issue with the file.

Permissions is probably the most common cause of the 500/501 errors from iCal. Testing with a [Full Access] account is the quickest way to check for this.

Field Validation will cause this error as well, Usually requiring a field to be Not Empty that's not mapped to Zulu will cause the error, as FileMaker won't let Zulu create or edit.

Having a mapped field that can't be written to in FileMaker will cause this also, i.e. a calculation field or a field with modification prohibited turned on.

If there are events with start times after end times, or end dates after start dates, then this cause some issues with iCal as well.

Let me know if any of those help,
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:53 am
Hi,

I saw a data issue in one of the fields and that gave this generic response. After fixing that time field, no problems existed and syncing worked like a charm. Your sample still worked so after scanning 25K+ records I found the problem there.

For some strange reason, the sync has stopped working again. I am not on site there now, so someone may have entered wrong data again or it has just stopped working like some others have reported earlier.

Oh, and could someone validate my account 'miltenb' please, so I can just log in.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 am
Hi,

It looks like we accidentally deleted the account. :oops:

Pleas try again, and I'll validate as soon as I see it.

Usually in this scenario it is a data issue, the other possibility is something with the Web Publishing Engine, but that usually shows in the dbnames test.

Can you send me your log from the admin page? that can sometimes help point to the offending record/field value.

Thanks
Previous

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker