Anybody Seen This iCal Error

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:24 am
Just starting out with Zulu. Been all over the troubleshooting and install guides but I keep getting this iCal generated error once I establish the caldev account in iCal and open iCal to display the FM date table (patterned after the ZuluSampleEvents file).

The server responded with
“HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Errorâ€
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:02 am
Thanks for sending me the log file Ray; were you able to get our example file working on that server?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:59 am
John Sindelar wrote:Thanks for sending me the log file Ray; were you able to get our example file working on that server?

No, John. Couldn't even get the sample file working. Guess that points to a deeper issue with either the FM Server install or the OS on the server. FM Server 11 is running on a Mac Mini sporting OSX Server.

Any clues from the log?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:14 pm
(Ray and I are working on this by email; will post results here if interesting. - John)
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:04 am
I have a MacMini Server with MacOSX 10.6 and I'm getting exactly the same error.

However, I installed the same license in my own MacMini Server and works perfectly. The difference is that I have my server on the DMZ on my firewall and I'm using OSX firewall instead.

For local network I have all ports open and for inbound connections I have port 80 opened normally.

I don't know if that makes a difference but is what I've seen so far.

Regards

Ibrahim
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:03 am
I'm having the same issue, what was the fix? It's happening to computers that are on the same network as the server not just external machines.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 am
These issues are around how Zulu finds the Web Publishing Engine (WPE) on your FileMaker Server. On simple Servers this is easy: zulu looks at localhost. But on machines that also have web serving setup, are using multiple domains or ssl, localhost doesn't resolve to the WPE.

The trouble shooting steps in the "Is it your server" section [url=http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Zulu.Troubleshooting]here]/url] are designed to figure this out and let you configure zulu to find your WPE. Work through that section and you should be up and running. If not, email me at support at seedcode.com

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 am
These issues are around how Zulu finds the Web Publishing Engine (WPE) on your FileMaker Server. On simple Servers this is easy: zulu looks at localhost. But on machines that also have web serving setup, are using multiple domains or ssl, localhost doesn't resolve to the WPE.

The trouble shooting steps in the "Is it your server" section [url=http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Zulu.Troubleshooting]here]/url] are designed to figure this out and let you configure zulu to find your WPE. Work through that section and you should be up and running. If not, email me at support at seedcode.com

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:30 am
i am having the same issue, it will work for a day or so and then for no reason (over a weekend where filemaker is not touched) start erroring. you fix it by stopping and starting the WPE. please help as its killing its use!
The request for account “{database}” failed.

The server responded with
“HTTP/1.0 501 Not Implemented”
to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 am
Sounds like your WPE has stopped responding. I'd make sure you're using the latest version of FMS, consider moving any IWP off that machine, and/or (hate to have to suggest it) reinstalling FMS.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:12 am
its a new server install, latest fmserver and latest 10.6.6 all update run. latest version of the zulu software there is only about 30 records to look at.... no IWP solutions. serving 1 database...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:25 pm
So I was assuming the WPE had stopped. Maybe not. Next time iCal throw an error, would you try this URL in Firefox and let me know if you see your database in there?

http://youripaddress/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames

That will let us know if the WPE is still responding. Thanks!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 am
yeah i get

0{database}

returned

it turns out that if you leave it 30 mins it will correct itself sometimes.... is there a way of suppressing the error.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:50 pm
Hmmm. There is no way to suppress the error, though you could set iCal to refresh less frequently so you were perhaps not hitting the server during one of these outages.

Fixing itself in 30 min is interesting. I wonder if there is something else happening on the server that is interrupting this communication. What you're seeing from -dbnames indicates that web publishing isn't functioning as it should be: you should see an xml list of the databases available.

I can't really suggest any next steps as you said this was a fresh server install: anything on that server you could turn off?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:11 am
kinda glad to hear its not just me with this fault.
after investing in the developer version of this to find in a production environment its got major faults is quite frustrating. when it works it works very well !
the only thing i would like to add is that i am using Filters, is it something with how that works?
Next

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker