two publishing problems

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 am
I have a bit of a weird problem. I managed to install Zulu and get it going. I managed to link it to iCal and an iPhone and all the calendars interacted dynamically. I am using it in demo mode and I inadvertently introduced more than the the limited 5 calendars. When i "published" this I naturally got an error messages saying there were too many calendars. So I reduced the number of calendars to 5 and then republished. From that moment on, my calendars in iCal and iPhone "appeared" to be OK, meaning that they could refreshed in iCal without bringing up error messages, but the data was no longer dynamic. Changes made in iCal did not appear in Filemaker and vice versa.

Now I have an added problem in that I have changed the computer Filemaker server is on and although I am pretty sure that I have not changed any of the configuration, when I publish I now get a local URL which looks like this http://10.0.1.55/zulu/calendars/SeedCodeCalendar/ whereas previously the URL had my dynamic DNS external IP address http://blahblah.com/zulu/calendars/SeedCodeCalendar/ which obviously it needs once I'm accessing it outside of my local network.

Any ideas for resolving these issues ?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:47 am
The first problem will probably be corrected by moving this to a new machine and republishing. A couple notes about the 5 calendar limit: you don't need to click "publish" when you add calendars. You'll get the calendar limit error if you do which is OK. If you just refresh in iCal after adding your 6th calendar, Zuly will only show you the first 5.

As for your second problem, I can't speak to your DNS situation, but you do need a public address for your calendars. You can manually edit the publish URL (you'll find that IP at the front of the URL and at the end) and that may give you the results you need.

Another approach would be to open your database form outside your network and click "publish" there, where the IP presumably wouldn't be local.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker