Server rejects login

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:07 pm
Hi,

I want my users to see only their own calendars.

I tried to do this using the privilege set in my events table. It works with my full access account, but the server rejects the login of all the accounts. Message is "Authentication with Calendar 'XX' failed The server rejected your login or password.

I also tried using authentication on the CalendarList table (with a filter field added) with the same effect.

Restarting the server didn't help.

I know the accounts are valid in FileMaker. Where else should I look to get this to work?

Mike
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:09 pm
I should have mentioned that it is when I'm trying to access the calendars from iCal that the server rejects the login/password.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:37 pm
No problem. Are you sure the new privilege sets are set to employ the XML extended privilege?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 pm
Yes. IT was the first thing I checked.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:46 am
Me again.

So a removed everything, started from scratch, and the server is no longer rejecting the password. Yeah! But . . .

When I try to access the calendar from iCal with the limited username/password, I'm getting:

The server responded with
"HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error"
to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation.

(Perhaps this error should get its own thread, as it keeps surfacing without resolution. I didn't find one.)

I've set up two calendars, with privilege sets that will only allow access to one of the calendars. Is it possible that it is finding the calendar it can't access (by design) then throwing up an error that stops the process to show the other calender?

What else can I do to get rid of the error.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:04 am
I tried removing the privilege restrictions to see if that made any difference.

It did not. I still have to restart the server to check that, too, but I'm wondering if there isn't some username/password restriction that I'm running up against.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:38 am
Hey Mike,

I'm not sure what you're running up against. That error is the general error iCal throws up when something is wrong- that is why you see it on the forums so much. Most of the reasons for seeing that can be dispelled in our troubleshooting section, but it seems you're past that and having an access privileges issue.

If you'd like to give me a ring, perhaps we can set up a screen sharing session to see what's going on?

John

P.S. I've added a few notes about this to our documentation here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... Privileges
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:32 pm
Hi John,

Sorry it took so long here. I did get it working.

My problem was that I was trying to use one table for all calendar records, but there were sometimes multiple people attached to the calendar items. I only wanted each person to see their own records.

I could access to the calendar records filtered by people's login in FileMaker, but Zulu wouldn't allow the same access. As much as it took me quite a while to work it out, it is probably better for security.

My work around was to create the calendar fields in my individual/calendar join table, then publish a calendar from that table. Works like a charm. I'm still working thorough getting the calendar record to trigger a script correctly, but I'm close to completing that one.

Thanks for the offer of a call. Any time I've worked with any of your products, the level of assistance has been fantastic.

Keep up the good work.

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker