FM Times Getting 3 Hrs Added in iCal

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 pm
I have a solution working with Zulu that has developed a "time warp" where an entry like 1:00 PM in the time field for an event in the FM database appears as 4:00 PM in iCal. Dates are fine. Just the time of the event is off by 3 hrs.

Just started happening after we shifted our clocks back an hour here in Ohio. Is there a "time zone" setting in the Filemaker code being employed by Zulu that I need to adjust?

Thanks if anyone has any insights on this.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:42 pm
Have you checked the timezone on your server? The difference between that and the iCal client timezone is probably the issue.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:21 am
Anonymous wrote:I have a solution working with Zulu that has developed a "time warp" where an entry like 1:00 PM in the time field for an event in the FM database appears as 4:00 PM in iCal. Dates are fine. Just the time of the event is off by 3 hrs.

Just started happening after we shifted our clocks back an hour here in Ohio. Is there a "time zone" setting in the Filemaker code being employed by Zulu that I need to adjust?

Thanks if anyone has any insights on this.

I discovered that if I set the "turn on time zone support" in the advanced tab of the iCal preferences, proper times show up. That is, a 9AM est appt. shows as 9AM in iCal, it just shows in the detail of the event that it is PST rather than EST. Step in the right direction even if it's not perfect:)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 pm
Nice Ray. The next build of Zulu includes a timezone offset. This is mostly for clients who are hosting Zulu on shared servers where the server might not be in the same timezone they are. But you could use it for other little fixes as well. Should be out < 10 days.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:14 am
Hi John

Any thoughts on Floating events as per my post : http://www.seedcode.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=3076
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:06 am
We're looking at floating times, but I don't know if that is something we can do or not. Thanks.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker