error attempting to delete event

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:03 am
I get this error:

"The calendar http://server.fsm.private/zulu/calendars/fsm/ could not be accessed. It may be in use by someone else. Try again later.
GO OFFLINE or REVERT TO SERVER are offered as buttons in the dialog"

When I delete an event from filemaker, and then attempt to delete the same event from iCal. I also get the error if I attempt to change the event in iCal

Also, note that when I delete the event in filemaker, and then refresh the calendar, the event does not get deleted in iCal.

Thanks for the help!

Darren Burgess
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:12 am
Hi Darren,

The first two issues you mention are how things are supposed to work: If you delete an event in FileMaker, it is gone. So iCal can't see it, edit it, etc. And thus you'll get an error if you delete an event in FileMaker and try to manipulate it in iCal before iCal refreshes to "see" that deletion.

And you don't need to delete events both in iCal and in FileMaker. When you delete an event in iCal we tag it with a 1 in the "deleted" field and it no longer appears in iCal but the records still exists in FileMaker. You can then delete these "flagged-for-deletion" records later with a script. More on this here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... tingEvents

Deleting in FileMaker is simple though: as soon as iCal refreshes the event will be gone. Now it seems that isn't happening for you and that is surprising: I wonder if iCal had actually refreshed or if you'd gone offline with iCal.

Let me know if this persists after restarting iCal and deleting another event in FileMaker: does that event show in iCal after refreshing?

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker