Zulu with Blackberry and Outlook.

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 am
Hello! I tried zulu with iCal, Google Calendar and of course, FileMaker. It's working well, congratulations !

Now, I would like to know if there's a way to access (ideally read and write) these 'shared calendars' from PCs/Windows running Outlook as the email/calendar application? And also, what about Blackberry smartphones ?

Thanks in advance !!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 am
Thanks!

Outlook can pickup your FileMaker events as read-only via Zulu, not read-write. You can learn how to set this up here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... lu.Outlook

On the Blackberry, the Google Sync ap for Blackberry will load your FileMaker calendars from Google Calendar on to your device, but they are read only. If you want to manipulate these events, you can use the mobile version of Google Calendar ( https://m.google.com ) to manipulate your events: Zulu will sync those changes back to FileMaker.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Thank you John for the clarifications. I guess you can't do much because Microsoft is now very good at following standards... Of course, CalDav is the standard to follow. :O(

I'm asking this other question because my client want to know, but I'm pretty sure, your answer will be the same: If they want to use Ms Entourage on their Macs as the client software, is it gonna work? I mean, it the zulu calendars will be accessible for read-write access? (Sorry, I don't have the software here to test it by myself).

Thanks again !!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:38 pm
Same issue, I'm afraid. Entourage can get read only versions by subscribing to the .ics streams Zulu publishes, but it can't get a read-write connection because it doesn't support CalDAV.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:13 am
Ok, thanks again John! And I totally understand it is a not the Zulu's fault. Hopefully, Microsoft, RIM and the other big companies will make real efforts in the future.

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker