How does ical/zulu/google calendar make changes in the db?

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 am
Hello,
Can you tell me how changes are made to the FM database by zulu/ical.google calendar?

I would like to use a script trigger on one or 2 of the fields that are changed when changes are made in calendars. (eg event name and start date and end date fields)

IE onobjectEnter won't work but on objectModify might if 'insert text' is used, but not if 'replace field contents' is used...

Any clarification would be great!
Thanks
Guy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:40 am
Hi Guy,

Good ideas. But script triggers won't work, unfortunately, since the edits are made in the web publishing space.

If the edits are coming in from iCal you can use our post-editing script to do what you're looking for: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ingScripts

If you're editing from Google, however, this script doesn't run so you'll need to massage your events outside of the actual edits using a server side script run on a schedule: something that looks for record lacking some kind of attribute and applies your changes to them. Powerful stuff.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:26 am
Thanks John,

I understand!

I have sorted out a solution to the problem. As my co-workers don't use mac, I couldn't use iCal/pre-post zulu scripts, but instead have just done it through a scheduled server script to 'match-up' the fields required - and this works fine.
Merry Christmas!

Guy

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker