Zulu Install

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:18 pm
In the diagram that follows the text below, a diagram shows zulu_cal.fmx
Is that the name of the plug in? I cant find in the zulu 1.018 folder

Thanks
Scott

I You'll be installing into the Web Publishing Engine on FileMaker 9 Server or FileMaker Server 9 Advanced (the plugin works with any version of FileMaker Server higher than 9).

Drag the plugin from the MAC or WIN folder you downloaded into the following folder:
FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 pm
Hello Scott! I think the plug-in version of Zulu has been discontinued. I think this is a good thing because Zulu is working great as an autonomous Java servlet. Thus, it is a separate process that runs background on your server and that connects to your FileMaker server thru XML.

The servlet installation is straight-forward, just use the provided installer. If you are like me (I do it with any new technologies I'm implementing), I recommend you do a backup and/or a restoration point before installing Zulu on a production server. If for any reason you have problems, it would be possible to revert to the server's state before the installation.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:01 pm
I have made good progress but not quite there yet. I have logged in zulu sync manger and added zulasampledata.fp7 and my google account username password. It says it synced but the calendar in not updating after refreshing.

I uploaded the zulusampledata.fp7 on to the server. Should I be able to access via a web browse. I have just been opening it in FMA.

Im not sure where to go from here.

Thanks
Scott
Last edited by ScottJ on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:22 pm
Hey Scott,

You won't be accessing zulusampledata.fp7 through a web browser, but you should be seeing your events in GoogleCalendar is the sync admin says you're syncing. You're not seeing a new FileMaker Calendar in your GoogleCalendar? Are you sure you're looking at the same Google account / calendar you're syncing to?

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 pm
Open the served copy of ZuluSampleData.fp7 and click on the "Sample Data" tab. Click the "Publish" button on the "Calendar List" tab. You'll be asked for the file's account name and password, enter "Zulu" (without quotes) for both.
You'll see a new web page come up with information about your published calendars. Keep this page open as you add these newly published calendars to iCal and/or Google Calendar.

Where do I do this step from. One the FM Server if I right click on the samplesdata file and choose open, nothing happens. If I try it from a client I get page not found.

Thanks
Scott

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker