Could not insert calendar to Google

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:33 am
I made some other tests today. Got an error with Google so I follow the Google Reset documentation http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Zulu.GoogleReset.

After that, I start over. And when I manual sync in Zulu admin, I get this error:
«Could not insert calendar to Google»

I'm pretty sure my google password is correct. And also the FileMaker username/password.

What can I do to resolve this ?
Eric
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:02 pm
Hi Eric,

You can get this message when the Calendar ID(s) in ZuluCalendarList are not updated. Even though you deleted the calendars from the Google account, it stores any previous IDs, and will return a conflict if trying to sync an id it remembers. Could that be it?

-Jason
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:45 am
Thank you for your help Jason,

Change the zulu_uuid of my calendar solve my problem. Yesterday, instead of changing the zulu_uuid, I have simply erased the calendar record, and republish the calendar again. I thought that start from scratch would solve my problem.

That brings me to another question. Is there a place in Zulu (web interface, folder on the server) where I can see all the .ICS that I have published ? We are in test, so I think there is a lot of unused calendars !

Quick questions:

I know I can change my calendar color in the Google interface, but what can I do with the zulu_color field in my database ? What can I put in it ? #CCCCCC ?

In this forum, I can't find the User Control Panel link. I'm I UCP blind ?!

(maybe I should start a new topic with this next one...)
The Google Reset trick solve my problem, but it suggest to completely delete the ZuluSync folder.

So if I have like 6 Zulu-Google pairing that works. Imagine that in 2 weeks, I'll add another Zulu-Google account pairing, do a manual sync, and after that there is an error. So if I delete the ZuluSync folder, I'll have to recreate all my 6 or 7 Zulu-Google pairing ?

Eric
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:13 am
That's great Eric!

There's not really a transparent place to see the published calendars. The only time to worry about it is trying to sync existing UUIDs to Google. If you're worried about there being some obsolete info in there, it's not uncommon for people to remove and reinstall Zulu when going from test to live mode, but I don't think that's necessary.

The color field is for determining the display color in iCal, and will accept hexadecimal values. I like to copy and paste them from here, or a similar site.

http://www.web-source.net/216_color_chart.htm

I'm not sure about a UCP, but you can view your profile by clicking your name to the left of your posts.

You should be able to add pairings without having to do a GoogleReset. You should only have to do a Google Reset again if you've modified things on the FileMaker side, i.e. change the field mapping, add a calendar, etc. as those require you to run the Publish script again. Basically, you want to do a Google Reset anytime you're going to republish from FileMaker. Because of this, we like to get all our publishing done and tested with iCal before we start pairing accounts with Google.

Let me know if this answers your questions,
-Jason
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:33 am
JasonYoung wrote:The color field is for determining the display color in iCal,
determine the display color in iCal and only iCal ? it has no effect on the color in the Google part ?

JasonYoung wrote:I'm not sure about a UCP, but you can view your profile by clicking your name to the left of your posts.
Actually, I know the URL to go to UCP (http://www.seedcode.com/support/ucp.php) but I can't see the link on the page. So I type it manualy ! I was just wondering if there was a link.

JasonYoung wrote:You should be able to add pairings without having to do a GoogleReset. You should only have to do a Google Reset again if you've modified things on the FileMaker side, i.e. change the field mapping, add a calendar, etc. as those require you to run the Publish script again. Basically, you want to do a Google Reset anytime you're going to republish from FileMaker. Because of this, we like to get all our publishing done and tested with iCal before we start pairing accounts with Google.

Let me know if this answers your questions,
-Jason

Oh, ok ! We will do a «kind of» Google only sync. No iCal will be involved. In fact, if we use iCal someday, we will access the calendars by adding a Google account (CalDAV). This is how we see it... for now !

What we have in mind is a multiple FM files/multiple Google accounts pairing. So I think we will need the enterprise license. And this is a «work in progress» project. So we will begin with 5 or 6 FM files (5 or 6 different user account/differrent Google account), each of them will publish 1 or 2 calendars. And later, we will add other files/zulu pairing.

Is it possible to do something like this ? Like adding an account pairing with:
-> FM FileA <-> Google Account1
-> FM FileB <-> Google Account2
-> FM FileC <-> Google Account3

Eric
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 am
Hi Eric,

pirlouit wrote:determine the display color in iCal and only iCal ? it has no effect on the color in the Google part ?

Correct!

pirlouit wrote:Actually, I know the URL to go to UCP (ucp.php) but I can't see the link on the page. So I type it manualy ! I was just wondering if there was a link.

LOL, I didn't know about that, I don't think there is a link...but I'll check on that.

pirlouit wrote:Oh, ok ! We will do a «kind of» Google only sync. No iCal will be involved. In fact, if we use iCal someday, we will access the calendars by adding a Google account (CalDAV). This is how we see it... for now !

Right! That's how I do it, i.e. Google to iCal. If you're skipping iCal then make sure you "Seed The Modification Timestamp."

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... oogleSetup

pirlouit wrote:What we have in mind is a multiple FM files/multiple Google accounts pairing. So I think we will need the enterprise license.

You will need the enterprise license if you're going to be publishing from more that 1 file.

JasonYoung wrote:What we have in mind is a multiple FM files/multiple Google accounts pairing. So I think we will need the enterprise license. And this is a «work in progress» project. So we will begin with 5 or 6 FM files (5 or 6 different user account/differrent Google account), each of them will publish 1 or 2 calendars. And later, we will add other files/zulu pairing.

Is it possible to do something like this ? Like adding an account pairing with:
-> FM FileA <-> Google Account1
-> FM FileB <-> Google Account2
-> FM FileC <-> Google Account3

You should be able to publish new calendars and add pairings as you go, as they will all have new UUIDs. The issues with Google arise if it sees a UUID it's seen before.

hth,

-Jason
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:49 am
Hi, I just read the Google Limitations page (maybe i should read that page before !!) and it says:
«You can only sync one file to Google for each installation of Zulu».
Is it still true ? (don't know, maybe it's an old page !)

Eric
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 am
Hi Eric,

It is true, but shouldn't be a huge hurdle. You can have a master file that has the ZuluCalendarList table in it. You can add additional events table occurrences (from other files) and their field mapping layouts to this "master" file, and "publish" them all from there. Google can then sync with this one file, and through it, interact with all the related files.

hth!

-Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker