FMS overload New Web Server/Web Publishing Core log entries

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:58 pm
Sorry Jason/John,

Same server as before, everything seemed to be working but now when Zulu syncs we are getting a hug amount of cpu load. Looking at Activity Monitor it is a fmserver Java process and we are getting entries in the admin console log (Information) against Web Server and Web Publishing Core that we were not getting before I added the second calendar.
The entries relate to the original calendar and take the form

wpc localhost 0.053093 (and other non repeating numbers)
and
127.0.0.1:0 - xxx "/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml" 200 456
127.0.0.1:0 - xxx "/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml" 200 4007
127.0.0.1:0 - xxx "/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml" 200 868171

Also an occasional
cwpe 192.168.49.20 0.721953 (and other non repeating numbers)

xxx is the name used in the pairing and the ip address of the server is 192.168.49.20

The process is taking up so much of the processor time that it disconnects users.
Again, I am sure this is something simple, help please!

Thnaks

Tim
----------------------
Tim Anderson Group
Scotland

http://www.timanderson.co.uk
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:39 am
Ok, this was another 2 calendar problem, that I thought should work.

Here is my scenario and what I did.

1 Table in 1 file holds all bookings.
Bookings can be for any from a number of Acts, each Act has it's own uid.
We want to publish bookings for Act A to iCal and Google and bookings for Act W to iCal.
Currently we do not want to publish calendars for all other Acts B-U and X-Z.
I set a filter field that holds the uid for the act
In the calendar for Act A I put the uid for Act A in the filter value
I created a privilege set for Act, which limited visibility of Bookings to their specific UID.
I published the Calendar and the paired it with the Google account.
All worked well.

I then added another Calendar record for Act W, duplicating the record for Act A, and changed the UID
I published again (although I am not sure if this is required).
This Calendar appeared as expected on iCal, but unfortunately was also added to the Google calendar for Act A, as a separate calendar.
So I then restricted visibility for the Calendar records for Act A to only the only that had their UID in the filter value.
That's when everything fell over and the only way to get it back was to delete the Calendar record for Act W.

Is it not possible to have multiple filtered calendars in iCal, from the same table, and only 1 of those paired with a Google calendar?
Do I have to set up, as Jason suggested, have a master Google Calendar that holds all calendars from Calendar records created and then share them?

Thanks

Tim
----------------------
Tim Anderson Group
Scotland

SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:00 am
Hi Tim,

Right, our Google Sync can't currently handle any access privileges on calendar list records, so all published calendars are going to show up to every paired account. And the account that you pair with Google needs to have full view access privileges to the calendar list records. I'm guessing that the load spiked as Zulu was trying to negotiate the restrictions on the calendar list records. I think your best bet right now is going to be pairing one "master" account, and then share A and W out from there.

The other way you can do this is to just have one calendar, and then restrict the access to the events themselves. You could then have two accounts/privileges where one account can only view/edit A events, and one could only view/edit W events. You can then have A use iCal and W pair with Google. They'd both see the same calendar, but only their events. I prefer the "Master Google Account" method myself, but this does work as well.

Let me know if I'm helping 8) ,
-Jason
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:25 am
Thanks Jason,

helps to know it's a 'feature' not something else!

Will discuss with my client, but option 2 is unlikely to be an option.

Cheers

Tim
----------------------
Tim Anderson Group
Scotland

SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm
Hey Tim,

I sent you an e-mail as well, but we're hoping to have this resolved for the next release. Don't know yet for sure if it will make this one, but I'll let you know when I do.

Best,
-Jason
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:55 am
Hi,
I thought I would post here as my problem is similar...
I hope you can help me trouble shoot.

With Zulu working my CPU usage spikes to near 100% as a combination of fms web publishing engine and java (used by fmserver). This spike is when zulu is syncing a single calendar (to iCal and Google). servermgrd also spikes to about 40% cpu.

The google pairing uses a fm user/pass that is full access.

If i disable xml publishing in fm server, the cpu usage drops to my normal levels of around 5% or so.

Any pointers as to where to look or what the problem might be would be gratefully received!!

Many thanks
Guy
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:16 pm
Hi Guy,

We were having an issue with a memory leak in certain situations with auto-sync. This should be resolved in 1.247 which we released this week. I'd upgrade, and see if that helps. This version also resolves the issue of having record level access privileges applied to calendar list records, which was causing Tim's issue above. It might not be a bad idea to do a Google Reset just to make sure you're getting a clean start with 1.247 as well.

Let me know how this goes. Thanks,
-Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker