Google Sync stopped syncing

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:55 am
I had Google Sync setup successfully last week, but now when I add or change events in FileMaker they aren't showing up in my Google calendar. I'm not getting any error messages anywhere, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Is there a log file somewhere that I should check?

Thanks,
Nova
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 am
Hi Nova,

After doing the initial manual sync, you want to set you Zulu Sync Admin to Auto-Sync and set the time interval that Google should be refreshed. Just want to check that you have it set to Auto-Sync.

If you do, then make sure that the field: zulu_MODIFICATION_TIMESTAMP in your events table is being triggered when you edit create a record. This is what Zulu looks at to know whether to update Google or not. You may want to make sure your events have that timestamp field "seeded."

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... oogleSetup

Let me know if this helps,

-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 am
Hi Jason,

Yes, I did previously do the manual sync and had already changed to Auto-Sync with a 10 second interval.

I checked my events table and zulu_MODIFICATION_TIMESTAMP is being triggered when I create and edit records. All the records that I added/edited today have timestamps of 4/25.

I noted that the uuid field is blank for the new records I created (further confirming that Zulu is not noticing them).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Nova
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:41 pm
Nova,

A 10 second interval seems way too short to me, given that there are things that could slow the response and negotiation with Google over your connection outwith your control.

I would set it back to manual sync and see if it syncs. If it does then start with a 2 minute interval and see how that goes. My clients are more than happy with a 5 minute sync, even the most impatient hasn't asked for it to be shorter.

Of course if the manual sync fails you will get a message that will help diagnosis

Tim
----------------------
Tim Anderson Group
Scotland

http://www.timanderson.co.uk
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Hi Nova,

There is a known issue with the auto-sync sometimes causing a memory leak, and that may be coming into play here. The 10 second refresh time could also be exacerbating the issue. We're working on the issue, and will hopefully have it resolved in our next build. In the meant time, I agree with Tim's advice. Try a manual sync and make sure that works, then try a longer interval with the auto-sync.

Let us know if that helps the auto-sync.

Thanks,
-Jason
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:07 am
Thanks for the replies. Switched to manual sync and tried Sync Now. Got the following error:

Sync failed: java.sql.SQLException: Could not connect to database: java.io.IOException: Server returned unexpected status code: 500

Thinking I will try restarting the webserver and then try the manual sync again. I'll let you know if this works.

-Nova
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:17 am
It worked! I restarted IIS and then re-tried Sync Now, which worked. I changed back to auto-sync and set my interval to 120 seconds. Seems to be working well now.

Thanks!
Nova
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm
Still working Nova?
----------------------
Tim Anderson Group
Scotland

http://www.timanderson.co.uk

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker