Publishing error

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:00 am
Hi

I am trying to publish my contacts in order to do a Google sync. However I keep getting this error
and I don't understand why. I do not have the option of not publishing these fields. "X_ID" is the key field and "prenom" is the first name field. Both of these fields are text fields. Initially the publish script refused "X_ID" because it was a number field and I thought it refused "prénom" because of the accent. Those issues have since been resolved but others have arisen. Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

Geoff
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 pm
Hi Geoff,

Sorry for not responding sooner. It looks like this an issue with the object names of the fields, and not the fields them selves. The object names need to be exactly as they are in the sample file, and when they're not, you get this error. We use the GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( objectName ; attributeName ) function to read your mapping for publishing, so it's seeing an object name where it's not expecting it. I'd compare the object names in the sample file to the layouts you have set up in your file, and see if one of the names are off. This applies to the Contacts layout you are publishing from, as well as the layouts for the Related Addresses, etc.

You can use LayoutObjectNames ( Get(FileName) ; Get(LayoutName) ) to get a list of the objects on the layout to do a quick comparison between what's in the sample file and what's in your file.

Let me know if that helps,
-Jason
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:05 am
I am not sure I understand. I copied and pasted all the layouts from your sample into my solution. The object names should not have suffered any modification in that process, so I don't see where they could not be correct.

Could you also be more precise on how to use LayoutObjectNames to check this ? I tried defining a field with the appropriate values and it crashed my server. As I was able to reproduce the incident, I gave up. Crashing the server because of a field definition is pretty scary.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:10 am
Sorry Geoff!

I should have been more clear. I meant to use "LayoutObjectNames ( Get(FileName) ; Get(LayoutName)" In the data viewer when you're "on" the layouts. I'm not sure why it would have crashed from a field.

I'd be happy to take a look at the file(s) if you like and figure out why the script is throwing that dialog error.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker