Zulu Sync with Google not working

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:13 am
Sync has been working fine for months. After it stopped working and before we did a reset we updated to the latest version of Zulu the other day and followed the steps for a google reset.

After we did that the sync worked fine to add a record to the calendar, but when we delete, add or edit a record and run another manual sync we started receiving errors in the sync admin.
The following are the errors we receive consistently:

Fri May 27 10:07:21 EDT 2011: Sync failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: syncStatesByHubId.size 480 does not equal syncStatsByNodeId.size 479

Is anyone aware of what the problem is?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:40 am
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your post. The "syncStatesByHubId.size" in your error indicates the need to do a Google Reset. I imagine you've already done one, but I'd like to suggest two things to try:

First, on the suspicion that what changed (from when things were working) were the access privileges in your file, I'd take a look at the FileMaker account you're using to sync and (for now anyway) make sure it has full access to both your events table and Zulu Calendar List table.

Then I'd suggest doing a new Google Reset, following the instructions carefully in case you missed something the first time.

If these two steps don't help you get back on track then we'd like to take a look at your files and play with them on our server. If the file(s) zip under 15MB, then you can e-mail them to us at support at seedcode.com. If they're bigger than that you can use a service like http://www.sendbigfiles.com/ to get them to us. Please include the full access account and password so we can see what's going on under the hood.

I hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:11 am
I think I spoke to soon. Looks like it may be working now. The only difference I think I did was seeding the modification date and I blank replaced out the uuid in the events file as well. Seems to have worked.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:02 am
John,
This has been an ongoing problem. I just can't keep the syncing going consistently. Same error as above and some other errors to boot. The thing that seems to trigger it is that ghost records seem to be getting created in the filemaker file. There records come from somewhere but I don't know where. In a few days I could have as many as 500 ghost records. It appears the sync is creating them because when I turn the sync off no new records appear out of the blue.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:06 am
By the way it works fine for a few days, sometimes a week and then these ghost records appear. Thats when the synch stops working.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:14 am
Hi Paul,

This does sound like things are still out of sync, between Zulu and Google. We have updated our instructions for the Google Reset to make sure that the Zulu_UUID and the Zulu_iCalData fields get cleared when doing the reset. Not clearing these can result in "resurrecting" deleted Google data, which in turn causes the sync problem you are seeing. I would try another reset with the updated instructions:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... oogleReset

Please let us know how it goes,
Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker