Can't publish many calendars

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:37 am
Hello everybody,

I am facing a problem with Zulu when trying to publish my calendars.
I created around 300 records in the ZuluCalendarList table and when I pressed the Publish button, the page showed the error "The page cannot be found"
I thought when the data has been sent to the host http://hercules.360works.com, this host couldn't parse the link because the link is too long.

Is there anybody who knows this problem?

I am very grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Nhan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:48 am
Hi Nhan,

We run the publish script from the context of the events table. In our sample file this is ZuluSampleEvents, when we do this the first time, there should be no calendar list records as the publish script will create one for us that has the proper field mapping from the events page. The name of this layout has to be ZuluCalendarList. If you want to add additional filtered calendars, you can duplicate the one that was there, change it's filter settings and UUID. It sounds like you have calendar list records that don't have the data which refers them back to the events table. We have some more info in creating additional calendar list records here that you should probably review:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... .Filtering

300 sounds like an awful lot of calendars, how are you filtering these? and how many actual events do you have?

The url is very long, and shouldn't be the issue. Also, I'm not sure which license you have, but the workgroup license only supports 5 calendars / calendarlist records. Over that you'll need the enterprise license.

Let me know if that helps Nhan,
-Jason
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 pm
Hello Jason,

I followed your suggestion and it didn't work.
Let me explain the situation

My company has 300 employees and each will see his own events in the calendar.
My solution is to duplicate around 300 records in the ZuluCalendarList table with the zulu_filterKey which is employee-id and the zulu_filterValue which is the employee-id number.
The zulu_uuid field is an employee name.
When I tried to duplicate around 50 records, Zulu was still working fine. But with more than 50 records, the issue happened and the page showed.

"ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to process the request
Host: hercules.360works.com"

The link is really long so I don't put it in this reply

We are using the Enterprise license.

I appreciate if you have a solution for my situation and reply as soon as possible

Thanks,
Nhan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:34 am
Ok, got it. When you said "page cannot be found," for some reason I thought layout...my apologies.

Once you've published one calendar, you don't need to re-publish after adding additional calendarlist. You would only need to republish if you changed your field mapping. So you should be able to publish one and then just create the duplicate 299. These means if a staff member is added you can have FileMaker create a new calendar list record, and not have to worry about republishing as things change.

We're probably bumping against a URL limit with the 300 (like you said :wink: ), but I'll have to confirm that for sure...I think it's different in each browser, but if you can publish one you should be fine.

Let me know, and I'll post what I found out about the URL.

Thanks,
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:26 am
Thank you very much, Jason.

It is working fine now.

By the way, I have another issue. I hope you have met it before.

I am using Thunderbird as calendar client (Lightning add-on).
When I create an event, the Invite Attendees dialog doesn't show free/busy information of each employee entered. I remember this relates to the ORGANIZER parameter in the .ics file. I don't know if Zulu supports this.

I am grateful if you have a solution for this.

Thanks,
Nhan

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker