Integration conundrum

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:10 pm
Dear Support,
I installed 1.252 on my server access.embatek.com.br.
I installed the ZuluSampleData file on the server, put the TO of the two tables from which I want to pull dates from (purchases and production_orders) into the the ZuluSampleData file, created two new layouts, based on each of these TO. In the two tables imported the fields, which where not there...like the UUID field and some more. I even imported the script into the two tables, even though I did not know if the scripts have to be in the tables they "pull " data from or only in the table that writes the data which in my case is ZuluSampleData. Then I mapped the fields in the two layouts. Everything looked OK :-)

When I press publish, the ZuluSampleEvents calendar gets published OK.

However my two tables data do not get published.
They show up in iCal, but I get a sync error there. HTTP 500..
Also I observe that the UUID do not get created.

Somehow I am stuck.. Any Suggestions?
Help appreciated.
yours
Pierre
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:52 am
Hi Pierre,

Sorry you're having trouble. From what you wrote, I'm not sure if you created field mapping layouts for each of your new tables (step 5 here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ntegration )

If not, you'll need one field mapping layout for each of the tables you wish to publish.

If you have created these layouts, it could simply be that the actual file containing these two tables lacks XML web publishing enabled for the privilege set opening the file. The privilege sets used by accounts logging in to the calendar from iCal (or from your iPhone) need to have access to the fmxml extended privilege. Remember, this is set at the privilege set level and may not be on by default. To turn this on visit File / Manage / Security (or File / Manage / Accounts & Privileges) and Edit the Privilege Set you're interested in. You'll see "Extended Privileges" in the lower left. Turn on "Access via XML Web Publishing". Remember, this is in your actual data file, not ZuluSampleData.

If none of that helps, perhaps I should take a look at your file. Can you send me a copy of your file and ZuluSampleData? Send it to support at seedcode.com

Thanks!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:07 pm
Dear John
Yes..that did the trick. I did not "activate" xml access in the source files. Now it works.

I have another question. I want people to see the production order...but I don't want them to create order in the calendar. Is there an easy way to accomplish that people can see and edit but not create events?
Thank your for the help.
Pierre
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:32 am
Congrats; glad that worked.

You can learn how to set up read-only calendars here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... yCalendars When we published the 2011 DevCon schedule we used the Google Calendar method so folks didn't need to log in at all: http://seedcodenext.wordpress.com/2011/ ... e-in-ical/

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:50 am
John,
Ok... I got the read only working. However I want people to be able to edit events. However I do not want them be able to CREATE or even DELETE events.
If I show up purchase_orders in the calendar, so everybody in the organization knows when things arrive for processing. If somebody by accident creates an event in iCal... it creates a empty purchase order in my db.
Is there a way to restrict this. Also users use the same login they have, when they login normally...and there, in the filemaker solution they can create records.
Do I need to create a special "privilege set" for the ZuluSampleData file?
yours
Pierre
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 am
Many people do use Zulu specific privilege sets, but you don't have to.

I'd encourage you to check out the "Zulu Post Edit" and "Zulu Pre Delete" scripts, these would let you intercept both edits and deletes using scripts. Those interceptions could be conditional on privilege sets, modification counts (so you can identify new events), event content, etc.

Enjoy!
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker