Publish data one table away

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:43 pm
John
thank you for your support yesterday via skype. I did get everything running.
Not being able to edit in iCal, was due to the fact, that i had one field (url) still mapped to ZuluSampleData.

Now i have it mapped right, it works.

In "location" i would write data that is one table away. My production orders run on "equipments" which are numbered. So in a Table "equipments" there is
1 mixer
2 filling machine

Now I show in "location" only the number, since it resides in the production_order file. If I map the "name" field of the "equipments" file in iCal..it produces a Server error when updating.
Is this normal?
Txs
Pierre

ps
really waiting to use ZULU with Lion Clients....
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:52 pm
Hi Pierre,

Hope you are well.

I'll pass your progress on to John. Typically we'll see this happen if the privileges do not flow through to the additional file, both read and write access and having XML enabled for the account your accessing via iCal. We are using Custom Web Publishing so the FileMaker privileges are respected across the all referenced files. That's my guess as to what's happening, but please let us know.

Thanks,
Jason
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm
Jason
the table is in the same "pp" file which i publish.
So it could not be that.
pierre
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:59 pm
Hi Pierre,

Ok thanks.

Did you re-publish after updating the field mapping? The field mapping is captured at the time you publish, so if it's been changed then publishing again is required.

Also, all fields need to be editable from the context of the layout you published from, so if you are using a related field, then you'd need to be able to edit the field from that layout through a valid relationship.

Could it be either of those issues?

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker