Zulu Calendars and iOS5

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:58 am
I know that many of you are looking forward to upgrading your iPhones and iPads to the new iOS 5, but we have discovered an issue with Zulu and the new iOS 5 calendars.

There is a problem accessing Zulu calendars using the CalDAV protocol (the most common way to get a calendar on your device). It appears that you can create these calendars, and get the initial population of events on your devices, but these calendars do not stay in sync with Zulu after that. Changes made on the devices are not reflected in Zulu/FileMaker, and changes made in FileMaker are not reflected on the device even after refreshing.

Accessing Zulu via the subscription method seems to be working fine, and accessing Google calendars via the devices also seems to be working fine.

Obviously, getting this fixed is a high priority and we'll be updating our progress as soon as possible: very sorry for the inconvenience. The new iOS 5 calendars look great, especially on the iPad, and we're very psyched to be able to get FileMaker events working in these calendars again. Please stay tuned.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 am
Hi Jason,
Do you have any news about this bug?
I tested it on my iPhone, and yes...the events do not show up anymore after a first sync.
Yours
PIerre
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:39 am
Hi Pierre,

We're still assessing the situation, and are hoping to have some ideas of what we're up against soon. Basically Apple has changed their CalDAV spec for iOS5, so most CalDAV servers are no longer working, nit just Zulu.

As soon as we have any news I'll post it here.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:44 am
I've had this same issue with iOS4 devices. I can add from iOS4 device but it never refreshes the calendar to look for new data from the server. And this wasn't just Zulu this happens to any CalDAV subscription. Since this never worked for us in iOS4 we went ahead and upgraded to iOS5.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:53 am
Hi Sean,

This was not a known issue in iOS4 and may have been related to the push/fetch settings on the device. For sure it's not working on iOS5, and we're working on that right now.

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:36 am
Just checking in: we're testing new builds of Zulu now. Some of the iOS 5 / Lion issues look good, others are still causing problems. Hopefully it will be easy to hunt these down from here, but right now all I can say is we're working on it. More soon.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:31 am
Good news! We just uploaded a new version of Zulu that works with iOS 5 calendars.

You can find this here: http://www.seedcode.com/downloads

Once you've installed the new version you'll need to delete and recreate the CalDAV account for Zulu in your iOS devices. After that it works great.

Thanks for your patience as we got this built!

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker