HTTP Status 500 Error

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:58 pm
Hi

I'm getting the following error :
-------------------------------------------------------------------
HTTP Status 500 Error
FileMaker Server has encountered an error:
The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is when I click on the Subscribe link for a Read-Only iCal calendar from the Zulu Publish Calendar page (arrived at after running the Publish script).

The standard (write access) iCal calendars all publish and work fine.

We're using Zulu 1.303, FM11 and get the same results from more than one Mac on different networks. Any ideas?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:44 am
If you're on Lion, then this is because we've been chasing a bug in read-only calendars introduced by Lion and iOS 5. We just resolved this, however, and I'd encourage you to download the latest version of Zulu which addresses this bug (1.307): http://www.seedcode.com/downloads

(If you're not on Lion, I'd download this anyway and let me know if it changes things.)

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:57 am
Hi John, thanks for getting back.

I reinstalled the latest version of Zulu (1.307) on my Mac (running OS 10.6.8) and but no change there (same results as before).

My colleague has Lion and he'll be testing it shortly - I'll get back to you with the results.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 am
Hi Jon,

I just ran through the Snow Leopard subscription:

http://screencast.com/t/d547fCZTSFU

And looks good here. You might need to delete and recreate the subscription.

hth and let us know ,
Jason
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:57 am
Hi Guys

Yes, this is now working but perhaps not as I had hoped. I'll take you through the process :

1. I go to my Zulu Events (or equivalent) layout and run the Zulu Publish script.

2. My web browser opens to the correct Calendar and Contact Sync page and I can see several calendars.

3. I click on the read only Subscribe hyperlink for the relevant calendar.

4. A file called download.ics is downloaded.

My query is that is this normal behavior? If so, why do the Zulu Read only calendar instructions (here : http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... yCalendars ) state "To use this in iCal, select "Subscribe" from the calendar menu in iCal and enter the read only URL from the publish page.". What read only URL? I only have a downloaded ICS file....

Sure, I can open the download.ics file in iCal (it asks me which calendar to add the events to) and yes, they're read only but they're not 'live', only local to my machine. Any ideas?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:49 am
Hi,

Right, you can right click on the link and select "copy link" to the clipboard and then paste it into iCal when setting up the subscription. I'll take a look at the docs and make sure they're current.

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 am
Thanks for getting back - I think that the Read-Only section may do with a further update as it isn't clear what kind of read-only calendar Zulu supports.

For example, I would expect that a read-only calendar would work exactly like the non-read-only zulu calendars (allowing me to view the latest / live calendar entries for a given calendar and that these are kept up to date via the iCal calendar refresh).

It appears that what Zulu does is create a file of the current events for any given calendar but that they aren't refreshed unless you download the file again. Is this the case or am I missing something?

I understand that what I'm after can be created via FileMaker privs but I for one am confused about this facility (especially since the Zulu documentation refers to URLs which would indicate a 'live' aspect for read-only events).

Cheers - Jon
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:06 am
Hi Jon,

Correct, they should work the way you describe. I've done a small movie and copying the URL and setting this up in ICal here:

http://screencast.com/t/ZO2vn9TZ9N2

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 am
Hi Jason

Excellent movie - it's cleared everything up so thanks for that. I ran through the process as shown, edited an old event, then refreshed in iCal but the event didn't change. I then created a new event and refreshed and the event appeared in iCal correctly. Finally, I changed the new event date and time and refreshed in iCal and it moved correctly. I'm guessing that there was a problem with the old event (it was an old record and it passed the Validate script - I'll check it more closely and see what's up).

Once again, thanks for your rapid response.

Jon
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:38 am
Thanks Jon,

I have a ticket in to update the publish page so the subscribe instructions are more clear and will look at our docs as well. Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers!

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker