Getting rid of unwanted calendars on iPhone

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 pm
I have mentioned this before somewhere, but I don't think I ever got an answer. When testing and setting up Zulu, I ended up getting a number of redundant duplicate calendars. All these unwanted calendars are listed under calendars in the iPhone's iCal like this.

Does anyone know how to get rid of them. I have oodles of them and wading through them is a pain. Any idea anyone?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:28 pm
Hi Geoff,

You don't have any extra calendarlist records? There should be a one to one between those and the calendars associated with an account? If you're getting multiple calendars for one calendar list record, then I haven't seen before. If you delete and recreate the account do they all come back at once or over time.

Are you syncing these calendars through iTunes too? You don't need too once you've set up the CalDAV account on the Phone, so that could be related.

hth,
Jason
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:28 pm
Hi Geoff,

You don't have any extra calendarlist records? There should be a one to one between those and the calendars associated with an account? If you're getting multiple calendars for one calendar list record, then I haven't seen before. If you delete and recreate the account do they all come back at once or over time.

Are you syncing these calendars through iTunes too? You don't need too once you've set up the CalDAV account on the Phone, so that could be related.

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:14 am
I only have 8 calendars and I only have 8 calendar list records. But I have about 16 unwanted calendars. These unwanted calendars are not listed under the CALdav address in iCal on the iPhone where the calendars I want and use are listed, but rather under the "on my iPhone" list in iCal. Strangely enough, they do not exist on my Macs under the "on my Mac" calendar list, nor on my iPad under the "on my iPad" calendar list, just on iPhone.

In iTunes my calendars are synced "over the air" and are not synced manually. However the unwanted calendars are listed like I said "on my iPhone" and I could sync them if I wanted to.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 am
Euhh. Sorry for being such a dummy. I just realized that I can delete the unwanted calendars within the calendar list on the iPhone.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 am
Hi Geoff,

Not sure if this is related. If you select to have the Zulu calendars that are set up on your mac set to sync with your phone, then they basically come over as local calendars and won't recognize that they're the same as the CalDAV account set up on the iPhone, so make sure those calendars aren't selected in iTunes.

Example:

If I check the Zulu calendars to be synced by iTunes like:

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.10.48 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 10.10.48 AM.png (44.93 KiB) Viewed 5380 times

Then they show up on the phone like this:

photo.PNG
photo.PNG (113.87 KiB) Viewed 5380 times

They aren't live but only update with the iTunes sync and operate independently from the CalDAV account. So that may be where they came from.

hth,

Jason

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker