multiple calenders from 1 table, based on different dates

Mods, Tips, Tricks, and Support for Zulu
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:00 am
I would like to build the following setup:

- I've got 1 table with 3 or more fields of type date
- I'd like to have 3 or more Layouts with ZuluEvents where all events in all 3 (or more) Layouts are the same records but each Layout is using a different date field as date start/date end
- the result would be 3 (or more) different calenders with different dates but based on the same records

I've tried the following: I created 3 (or more) times the required fields with auto calculation, created 3 Layouts and mapped the fields as described. It doesn't work.
In general my Zulu Calendar is not working as long as the fields are not called 'DateStart' or 'DateEnd'. I thought the fields could be called individually as long as the object name is not being changed. But it's not working this way.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:49 am
Hi Emi,

Right, what you're doing should work. You should have three field mapping layouts, each one pointing to the different set of dates. You can then publish from each one. Doing so will create a calendarlist record for each that represents the calendar. Are you able to publish successfully from each of the field mapping layouts?

In general my Zulu Calendar is not working as long as the fields are not called 'DateStart' or 'DateEnd'. I thought the fields could be called individually as long as the object name is not being changed. But it's not working this way.

It should work this way. They do need to be date fields, but otherwise the field mapping/object names is how we do this. This happens when we publish and should throw an error if there's a problem at the time.

Let me know,
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:25 am
That's how I've built it.

Publishing is working without any errors. But if I map DateStart/DateEnd in Layout 1, DateStart1/DateEnd1 in Layout 2 and DateStart2/DateEnd2 in Layout 3, then in iCal the 3 calendars are appearing (Layout 1, Layout 2, Layout 3) but iCal gives an error
- 05.04.12 14:49:43.522 iCal: Calendar owner differs from account principal, but couldn't access owner principal.
- 05.04.12 16:11:57.241 iCal: Account refresh failed with error: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 "The request timed out." UserInfo=0x7fd926ae5210 {NSLocalizedDescription=The request timed out., NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=http://[email protected]/zulu/calendars/Module/d69e0194-574b-4238-8721-3a50a17e4d62/, NSErrorFailingURLKey=http://[email protected]/zulu/calendars/Module/d69e0194-574b-4238-8721-3a50a17e4d62/, AccountName=Module, CalDAVErrFromRefresh=YES, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fd92700feb0 "The request timed out."}

I can either delete Layout 2 and Layout 3 from the Calendar List or map the date fields to DateStart/DateEnd. That's the only way how it's going to work... My fields are of type date and I've tried my setup in 2 different databases – don't think I am doing the same error twice.

Thank you for any help!

Return to Zulu: iCal Server for FileMaker